FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Jonathan_
I have a question here on ordering from the Flytrap store. I was reading on international shipment details that are in cultures and it said

"A phytosanitary certificate (about $25, required by law and available here at FlytrapStore.com) must be purchased for every order of one or more cultures."

Does this mean if I order two plants I will have to have two Phytosanitary certificates? or is one good for several plants? Also if you could Matt, is it possible to confirm on whether or not you reinitialized the BZ1955? And is there a way I can pre-order? or would that be opening up a can of worms? Maybe perhaps you could set up a pre-order feature on the website? Also what happened to Steve? Is he still working with Matt or has he moved on to his own store business?

Please let me know as I am really interested in the BZ 1955Cultures

I would appreciate an answer as soon as you can :)

Jonathan
By Matt
Jonathan_ wrote:Does this mean if I order two plants I will have to have two Phytosanitary certificates?
No. One Phytosantiary certificate is require for every order, regardless of number of cultures in the order.
Jonathan_ wrote:Also if you could Matt, is it possible to confirm on whether or not you reinitialized the BZ1955?
I'll have to take a look. Even if I have a flower stalk in TC, it might not "take" or it might show contamination when I replate, so there's no guarantee that I'll have it in stock even if I have it initialized now.
Jonathan_ wrote:And is there a way I can pre-order?
Cultures are somewhat hard to keep sterile and in good condition. Even when someone places an order when I think I have clean cultures, sometimes I end up not being able to complete the full order, so pre-ordering in the case of cultures might not make much sense because there's a decent chance that I may not be able to deliver.
Jonathan_ wrote:Also what happened to Steve? Is he still working with Matt or has he moved on to his own store business?
Steve moved on and is no longer associated with the FlytrapStore.
Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!