FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By kronos1996
Hya fellas! I just found out today that a local pond supply shop has a good selection of Sarracenia which I have wanted to add to my collection for some time now! Needless to say I ignored all the traffic signs in my haste to get over there! LOL Its only ten minutes from my house too! I can't believe I've been driving by it for years and never noticed! Anyways I purchased a Dana's Delight and I intend to collect the others eventually, she had Rubra, Flava and one that started with a 'T' as well. Many of them had stowaways and that's why I chose this particular pot. I know they are sundews but I don't know the variety, up until now I collected VFT's only. I am also about to build an aquatic plant garden out of a 55 gallon fish tank which will include bladderworts as well as the very rare and highly unusual waterwheel plant which is basically an underwater VFT. Here are some pics!
uploadfromtaptalk1405620218923.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405620218923.jpg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
uploadfromtaptalk1405620197981.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405620197981.jpg (63.35 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
By Matt
Congrats on the new Sarracenia! Dana's Delight is a really beautiful one :)
kronos1996 wrote:and one that started with a 'T' as well.
That would probably be S. leucophylla 'Tarnok', which has really unusual flowers.
By kronos1996
I live about 45 min. South of Atlanta, GA. Itsbhot and humid so pretty much perfect for most CP's! I have no idea what type of sundews they are that's kind of why I posted this!
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!