FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By roarke

I"m feeling very proud :( 167X10. 1670 PPM ! 235 on tap water sink. I didn't filter the water when reading with the TDS. I'm gonna wash it about 10 times or so.
Last edited by roarke on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By roarke

After 10 hours of soaking in a plastic bucket and changing the water, the TDS reads 516, again with the coir in it. You must calculate the difference than. For example, after multiple soakings, the TDS will read for example around 250. You will know that it reads only the tap water + some left overs from the coir. In the end, i will wash it with distilled water, so it will read about 20 or less. It will alway read in the end 20 or less, if you read the TDS in water + coir (it reads the small particules).
Method :
I put my both hands in the bucket and squizing the coir dry, i put than in another plastic container. Than i get the coir and put it again in the bucket, puting another water in again. After a couple of hours swirl the coir in the bucket for about 15 seconds.
By roarke

After 16 hours of soaking in a plastic bucket and changing the water, the TDS reads 285. Being that it reads 235 on tap water sink, they are difference of 50 PPM left. 50 PPM left is the impurities/minerals from the coir. I will soak it one more time.
By cyph3r_gfy
Im confused. Are you testing the water after soaking in the coir? I thought the meters test based on electricity resistance. Wet coir would certainly resist. I also thought that coir was essentially inert, save for some salt absorbed during the drying process. That might be what you're reading... salt content.

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!