FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By sbrooks
I'm taking the family to the Missouri Botanical Gardens Carnivorous Plant Show today in St. Louis. I believe that it is being held by the St. Louis carnivorous Plant Society (not sure if I got their name correct). Lots of sales and info to be had. I'm very interested to see how it goes, considering that I have seen very little evidence that other CP growers exist in the region. So I am anxious to meet and greet. If anyone on this forum is in the area, come check it out. Hours are 9 to 5.
By sbrooks
Yes, it is a yearly thing. I just heard about it within the past year. This is the first year that I went. With all due respect to those involved with putting it together, it was very disappointing. A fair amount of Sundews and Butterworts for sale; the only flytraps were the prepackaged dome variety light-starved typicals. There were only about 7 or 8 member/venders on hand. I recently sold at a flea market, then had a yard sale/plant sale at our house; in each case, what I was offering for sale far surpassed everything that they had on display or for sale here. I did pick up a couple of Butterworts, and a couple of Sundews.
My point is not to criticize those who made the effort to put on the show; I did expect far better from The Missouri Botanical Gardens, though. The St. Louis chapter of the Carnivorous Plant Society seems like an organization which has run its course, and basically exists as a very small social club. Honestly, I probably rivaled them on sales and information doled out to the general public at The Belleville Flea Market that I participated in. So, sorry, no good photos of the event. I took some good photos of some Sarrs that were in the Climatron dome at The Gardens, and a lot of other cool photos of rare tropicals. Maybe I'll post some later if I find the time to launder them through Photobucket first.

Dang. That is huge!

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!