FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By bannister
UPDATE: I found an appropriate-sized one on eBay that I just received today.

I've decided this is the first Sarracenia I will attempt to grow. I'm looking for one at least 3 years old.

Check out my grow list.
I mainly have VFT: Jaws; FTS Maroon Monster; Red/Purple, and green Sphagnum moss, to trade.
Last edited by bannister on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By parker679
If you don't find one via this thread you can contact Mike Wang. I put the link to his sales thread below. I've ordered from Mike more times than I can count. His plants are in phenomenal condition and his packaging and shipping is top notch. He has pictures of most of his plants but if there is something specific you're looking for just email him and he'll help you out.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/sarra ... 18602.html
parker679 liked this
By parker679
bannister wrote:I'll give it a day. Thanks for the link. Those prices are too high for me though!
I have my eye on one on eBay, so might get that if there is no interest.
I hear ya. I don't know your price range but the S. minor from Old Dock, NC that he sells only run $10-$15.

Mine will likely need dividing this fall so if you happen to have not found one by then let me know and you can have a division. I just ask for shipping costs which are $5-$6.
By bannister
parker679 wrote:Mine will likely need dividing this fall so if you happen to have not found one by then let me know and you can have a division. I just ask for shipping costs which are $5-$6.
Thanks for the offer. I would gladly pay you for a division (I'll PM you). I could also use 2 plants, in case one dies since it's my first attempt at Sarracenias.

I just bought one yesterday from eBay for $21 total which includes shipping. It is about 4 years old, so I think that is fairly reasonable.
By Goodkoalie
Minors like to be drirer then other sarrs, so grow them like a flytrap :)

I hope your plant comes good, i had some bad expriences with ebay before :(

I recomoned mike wang. I bought a large minor old dock various clone, and i got a clone D. Plus mike also tends to throw in a freebie plant as well. The total was 21, including shipping, here are pics of it

https://imageshack.com/my/images/4

Scroll down the page to see the plant, it is the only minor on that page
By SFLguy
Goodkoalie wrote:Minors like to be drirer then other sarrs, so grow them like a flytrap :)
Sorry! Forgot it was a minor we were talking about, but he's right minors like it drier
By Marine botonist kid
I accidentally got a minor from BugBitingPlants and i got it growing like i do my others. I was hoping to a Sarr. purpurea ssp. purpurea, but i keep get rosea. but my minor is doing great. i have mine in a six inch pot with my flytraps, standing in 4 inches of water.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!