FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By WORMSS
Hello, I was in Homebase today [DIY/Hardware/Gardening type store] and found they had a around 30 pots of VFTs..

all of different sizes and stuff, one had tiny tiny mouths which was the most deepest red I have seen on a VFT to date,
and some was all completely green,
and some had very little mouths but they must have been atleast 1½ inchs wide but the teeth seemed a little ... how can I put it... Distorted..
and you know how sometimes the VFT will catch another trap inside another, I seen not only 2 inside 1 mouth, but Another one inside one of the ones being caught.

But all the soil in all of them looked all broken up and Dry, not BONE DRY, but not the soft, what I could only describe as MUSH like soil mine looks like..

I was SOO tempted to buy ALL of them and Save them all, but at £3.99 [$8.00] each, I didn't have enough money, and partner wouldn't let me buy more as it was...

Next time I go in there I will take pictures, It looks such a sorry sight for them.

Should Go in there with a Big bag and.... and... not steal them because that would be illegal... but extract them as prisoners of war....
By Matt
I watched about 30 plants die last year on the shelf at Wal-Mart. I would go and look at them every time we went to the store. I was hoping they would put them on clearance, but they never did. One day they were all gone. I assume that they were thrown out. Sad...
By WORMSS
I might ask what Homebase will do when they are gonna be taken off the shelves..
they can only say NO to giving them away.. not like I will be arrested for asking :D

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!