FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Mevan
Hello guys,
First post on these forums so go easy on me :)
I have been looking into purchasing a WIP Long Snapper for a little while now and have been checking around. I checked into other websites but the WIP Long Snapper doesn't seem to be in stock :cry:
I know they are out there so I was wondering if anyone has any WIP Long Snappers for sale?
Or does anyone have any idea when they will be back in stock or the best way to reserve WIP Long Snapper?
(I am looking deeply into getting one because I am looking for the VFT that has the longest leaves with decent sized traps and if I am not mistaken this is the tallest one to date with WIP Slim Snapper in 2nd place)
Anyways, Let me know if anyone has any WIP Long Snappers for sale or could direct me where to buy/reserve one. It is much appreciated!!

Thanks All!
-Mevan
By Matt
Hi Mevan,

I was utterly unimpressed with the WIP Long Snapper. I had it in tissue culture for a year or so and propagated several hundred of them, but it never grew well for us and didn't look any different than a fairly normal flytrap with a bit longer leaves, certainly never as nice as WIP Slim Snapper. That was just our experiences. So all of the WIP Long Snappers that we had were sold off as seed-grown or typical flytraps over the last year or so. I don't think we have any more and we don't intend to sell any more in the future.

In fact, the entire "WIP Family" of flytraps (WIP Snapper, WIP Slim Snapper, WIP Big Red Snapper and WIP Long Snapper) were all pretty disappointing flytraps for me. The only one that we decided to sell is WIP Slim Snapper, but it too, while nice, has other flytraps that are similar or better, such as Spider and Creeping Death. I think this is primarily due to the fact that the WIP family of flytraps was selected many, many years ago -- long before the hobby had so many nice cultivars in circulation. They're a great piece of flytrap history, but not all that impressive as far as flytraps go today (in my opinion) because there are so many nice ones out there now.

As for a very long-leaved flytraps with decent sized traps, this is the one we intend to sell:

It's tentatively called FTS Tall Giant and it has been far more vigorous for us than WIP Long Snapper.
Matt liked this
By SFLguy
Matt wrote:Hi Mevan,

I was utterly unimpressed with the WIP Long Snapper. I had it in tissue culture for a year or so and propagated several hundred of them, but it never grew well for us and didn't look any different than a fairly normal flytrap with a bit longer leaves, certainly never as nice as WIP Slim Snapper. That was just our experiences. So all of the WIP Long Snappers that we had were sold off as seed-grown or typical flytraps over the last year or so. I don't think we have any more and we don't intend to sell any more in the future.

In fact, the entire "WIP Family" of flytraps (WIP Snapper, WIP Slim Snapper, WIP Big Red Snapper and WIP Long Snapper) were all pretty disappointing flytraps for me. The only one that we decided to sell is WIP Slim Snapper, but it too, while nice, has other flytraps that are similar or better, such as Spider and Creeping Death. I think this is primarily due to the fact that the WIP family of flytraps was selected many, many years ago -- long before the hobby had so many nice cultivars in circulation. They're a great piece of flytrap history, but not all that impressive as far as flytraps go today (in my opinion) because there are so many nice ones out there now.

As for a very long-leaved flytraps with decent sized traps, this is the one we intend to sell:

It's tentatively called FTS Tall Giant and it has been far more vigorous for us than WIP Long Snapper.
Ooh now that looks nice :D

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
SFLguy liked this
By Mevan
Hello Matt,
Thankyou for the response as that answers all of my questions, it is much appreciated! Thankyou for your kind words as well Tish. That is unfortunate to hear about the WIP family :( . Being a lurker for a long time I understand that you and steve have a vast body of knowledge on fly traps, so I weigh your opinion on the WIP family heavily. That FTS Tall Giant is an amazing Fly Trap!! I am really impressed with it and extremely long leaves with decent sized traps is exactly what I am looking for! I'm glad you replied because I am looking to buy from a reputable seller like you or steve. Is there any chance that the FTS Tall Giant would be for sale yet or I could reserve one for when it first comes out :) ? I would love to grow and take care of one of these to its full potential! Let me know or shoot me a message if we can work something out! Thanks a bunch! :D
Mevan liked this
By dmagnan
Hogeez!

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!