FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
bvalente wrote: it should only be another week or so before I can bring the plants outside and that should help, right?
Yeah, that will help, but when plants are moved from artificial lighting to natural lighting, there is usually a period where they stall and stop growing for a few weeks. Doing so while the plant is flowering might cause it to abort the flower stalk.
bvalente wrote:Or try cutting the stalk and planting it next to the other plants in a 50/50 mix and hope for a strike?
That's probably the best option for an indoor plant.
By bvalente
Matt wrote:
bvalente wrote: it should only be another week or so before I can bring the plants outside and that should help, right?
Yeah, that will help, but when plants are moved from artificial lighting to natural lighting, there is usually a period where they stall and stop growing for a few weeks. Doing so while the plant is flowering might cause it to abort the flower stalk.
bvalente wrote:Or try cutting the stalk and planting it next to the other plants in a 50/50 mix and hope for a strike?
That's probably the best option for an indoor plant.
Thanks Matt, I thought about what you said and decided to cut and plant the flower stalk and hope for a strike.

Meanwhile the vigorous that previously had it's flower stalk cut before shipping I think is flowering again Image
By Matt
bvalente wrote:Meanwhile the vigorous that previously had it's flower stalk cut before shipping I think is flowering again
Yeah, they'll often send up a second one, especially if they start flowering early in the season as most of our plants have done due to the unusually warm and sunny spring.
By bvalente
Matt wrote:
bvalente wrote:Meanwhile the vigorous that previously had it's flower stalk cut before shipping I think is flowering again
Yeah, they'll often send up a second one, especially if they start flowering early in the season as most of our plants have done due to the unusually warm and sunny spring.
That's crazy, here in michigan we just broke a snow record that's been up since 1886 Image The other plant that hasn't flowered looks great, can't wait to see these live up to their name.
Repotting carnivorous plants

Looks OK to me. Where did you get you Cobra Lily? […]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!