FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
I have 4 fairly nice sized divisions of this all green flytrap. I obtained my specimen from Peter and Damon while down there for a visit in July 2011. Price is $15 per plant + $5 for shipping.

Please send payment via PayPal to sales@flytrapcare.com and make note of what the money is for. If the money is sent with the "I'm sending money to family or friends" option, that would be much appreciated :)

Please post here if you do want one (or more or all of them) so others have some idea of when the offer is closed.

Thanks for looking!
By Maiden
Nice matt. One of the plants from your seeds batch is100% green. Even under massive lighting, no red, only green. Pretty cool :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
By cjpflaumer
DontTazeMe wrote:Isnt that essentially a justina davis? Sorry, im not too familiar with all these cultivars. Seems like 100's pop up every year
It may be similar. But it also could be more vigorous or produce larger traps etc. I'm sure Matt will chime in with what the differences are. Normally they don't name a new cultivar unless something is unique about it from other similar plants.
By Matt
Cory wrote:Got any pics Matt ?
Unfortunately I don't. I could take photos of the plants now that they're uprooted and soaking, waiting for a new home, but they aren't very photogenic right now. If they go unsold today, I'll just repot them.
DontTazeMe wrote:Isnt that essentially a justina davis?
There are a few all-green varieties in circulation, including Justina Davis, Grun, and "Green", and yes, Justina Davis is the one that's officially registered with the ICPS. But it grows much differently than "Green" from Peter. Justina Davis tends to grow long, spindly leaves during the growing season. This clone stays low to the ground all year and is always one of the first plants of the year to flower. In fact, the plant I will retain for my collection already has a fully formed flower stalk with buds that are about ready to open.

In terms of size, both Justina Davis and "Green" are average to slightly above average sized flytraps. Grun is the largest all-green variety that we grow.
By Maiden
Here my greed vft, sorry for the bad picture quality

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Attachments:
uploadfromtaptalk1396035979577.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1396035979577.jpg (60.08 KiB) Viewed 4069 times
By sbrooks
Matt wrote:This clone stays low to the ground all year and is always one of the first plants of the year to flower.
Matt wrote:In terms of size, both Justina Davis and "Green" are average to slightly above average sized flytraps.
It sounds very similar to Gremlin, which was available on Peter D'Amato's site until recently. I believe that the description on his site claimed that it is now an official cultivar. Gremlin grows low, and has average size traps.

I have two or three seed-growns from Matt as well that appear to retain an all-green color all year.
sbrooks, sbrooks liked this
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!