FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By tish
jdoraz13 wrote:
tish wrote:Very cool to see you have almost 100% success on what you have started. Anyway, how did your flower stalk rot? Did you water too much? Was the soil too wet?

So for the new flower stalk, I guess you wont be cutting for another attempt. Good luck yeah :) Nice photos too!
I was only misting it once a day, but the pot that I had wasn't great. It wasn't a tray style instead it was like a bell shape with a drain but any excess water would collected at the bottom of the pot... Now I know better.. And ya I'm letting this one flower should be any day now a few bulbs are starting to open!! :D
Good luck and hope your flower brings you plenty of good seeds :)
tish liked this
By jdoraz13
Isabelle wrote:Soo cool! Congrats, nice work. Can't wait to try the stalk and leaf pulling propagation technique!
Thank you. It was a lot of fun to try out, and it will teach you a lot about lighting and watering and trying different growing/watering methods
tish wrote:Good luck and hope your flower brings you plenty of good seeds :)
thanks I hope I can harvest some seeds properly it looks like there are 8-10 pods
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!