FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By WaSundew
Interested... Had to post so I could refer back
By Goodkoalie
Yes, getting my thired order in the next few weeks, i got a S. oreophila "alabama" (huge, grew a fall flower after i got it), and got a S. pururea subsp. venosa old dock (big plant, nicely colored), anf also got a S. jonessii "sherdian's clone x AF" as a freebie (in july 2013), Got a S. oreophila "sand hill mt. clone b" (it was bright red, had a nice sized rhizome), a S. purpurea subsp. venosa from burnswick Co XL (biggest purp i have ever seen in my life, looked like a huge head of red and purple cabbage), and a S. purpurea var. montana F2 (colorful cute little purp, will grow into a nice plant in a year or so, it had like 5 growing points), and got a S. psitticnia bay, Co FL(freebie). I got this order in late october. This time, i am ordering a S. alata red clone from Stone Co, MS, a S. minor old dock, a S. flava var. cupurea mcclean SC, and a S. purpurea subsp. venosa from tantchil Ga.
By WaSundew
Hey meizzwang... How many P1s do you have left? The S. purp purp?
By meizzwang
Hi Starchy,

I was able to dig up a photo of rubricorpora 'best clone' from my library:

And here's what I've done with this clone-I could only imagine what breeders can make with it: http://sarracenia.proboards.com/thread/ ... ne-liberty

Walter-I still have plenty left! These are great genetics that grow very fast for a purpurea ssp. purpurea, and they can get gigantic, although I haven't been able to do it (although I've seen my friends grow these plants into giants!)
meizzwang liked this
By Starchy
Which clone has the most green to contrast the red? That is my favorite trait in the pitchers. I understand they all eventually color up and lose the green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
By meizzwang
Some photos of the collection, taken 3/30/14. Lots to choose from!

S. alata 'Night' flowers Stone Co, MS:

The S. purpurea ssp. purpurea f. heterophyllas are quite big with multiple growth points. Check out the tray in the foreground:

this is what you can expect with S. purpurea ssp. purpurea Marl Bog form, Bruce Co, ON-they're really healthy:
By meizzwang
some new photos, taken 4/25/14:

S. montana F-1 Transylvania Co, NC:

Shot of the collection-lots of colors, and plants are bulking up:

larger overview of the collection:
meizzwang, meizzwang liked this
By Starchy
Which clone of S. minor var. okefenokeensis would you recommend if I was aiming for mostly/all green? I read on Barry Rice's FAQ that some clones from Ware, GA have shown more green pitchers. I like how much more pronounced the white windows look when they are contrasted with a crisp green color.
By Starchy
meizzwang wrote:Hi Starchy,

clone N and clone #4 are on the "greener" side of things. There's probably others, but I'd have to double check.
Mike, can you tell which clone this is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63000221@N ... 746880584/

I think I am changing my mind about the color. I don't like the red lips contrast with the green. In the photo above, I feel like the colors blend in better.
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!