FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Eric
My Order:
4x Sarracenia Rubra ssp. Rubra
2x Sarracenia Flava var. Flava + 1 Bonus
3x Sarracenia Minor - Orange CO, Florida
3x Sarracenia "Scarlett Belle"

Shipping:
The plants were shipped the following Monday after I won the auctions (2/10) and arrived two days later (2/12). The packaging itself was very complex. They were received in a long mailing tube to accommodate the leaves and the root balls were wrapped in a layer or sphagnum moss, which was wrapped in a layer of plastic wrap, which was in turn wrapped in a layer of clear tape. It took well over half an hour to unpack all the plants but everything came in good condition.
IMAG0310 by Random_Dude., on Flickr
IMAG0311 by Random_Dude., on Flickr
Plants:
The plants were received with last year's old pitchers still attached, most of them brown. Although not the prettiest to look at this definitely gives you a scale of how large these plants had grown in the previous growing season. Their rhizomes were quite large and many of them had multiple crowns/divisions.
Rubras-
IMAG0312 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

IMAG0313 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

Flavas-
IMAG0314 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

Minors-
IMAG0315 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

"Scarlet Belles"-
IMAG0316 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

Size Comparison-
IMAG0317 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

Rhizome Sizes w/ Water Bottle for Scale-
IMAG0318 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

IMAG0320 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

IMAG0321 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

IMAG0322 by Random_Dude., on Flickr
IMAG0323 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

After Pruning-
IMAG0324 by Random_Dude., on Flickr

Soaking in Water Before Potting-
IMAG0328 by Random_Dude., on Flickr
Service:
Adam was very quick to answer any questions I had (combining shipping, etc.) and was very generous. I initially won the 4 rubras and 3 minors on Friday and the next day he had listed the Flavas and Scarlet Belles. I expressed an interest in the Flavas and contacted him to see if he would ship them with my other auctions, he quickly responded with a yes but I could not request a new invoice with only 1 item in my cart so I also purchased the Scarlett Belles. Due to this, he also offered to give me an extra of any plant I won from him, hence the extra Flava var Flava.

All in all I am very satisfied with my purchase (Spent roughly $74 total) and would definitely recommend this seller.
Thanks, Adam

-Eric
By Birddog
Nice looking plants ! Good luck with them. Looks like you got a good deal. Some people do not like ebay because the price is sometimes high. In my case I have seen that on ebay if you shop right you can get larger plants and well the plants are larger and older so one would expect to pay a little more. In the end you can get plants that are a year or two older than you might find on many on line sites.I did look at ebay today they do have some 3 to 6 year old Sarrecenias for $10 bucks each. good deal in my book. Post some mid summer pics ! It be nice to see these plants at that time.Again Good luck
Birddog liked this
By sss
Should give him extra props for including some pitchers so you could confirm the species. I have had 2 times where I didn't get the plant I was supposed to get on ebay and didn't know until like 2 months later but luckily the sellers corrected the problem.
sss liked this
By Eric
Just placed another order for 2 S. Purpurea Venosa.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251457561780?ss ... 1439.l2649

Will update when they arrive.
By Eric
IMAG0340.jpg
IMAG0340.jpg (291.92 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Received today but there was only one plant in the box. A couple of days before, however, Adam sent me a message on Facebook that he might have only put one in the box and offered to make it up to me. He told me that if I made another order in the future he would include the 2nd Purpurea and would also give me a bonus plant of my choice. :) Long story short, I have now ordered the following:
Sarracenia Leucophylla 'Burgundy' +1 Bonus
A photo of Leucophylla Burgundy I found online. If you buy divisions from Meadowview they run at about $100 each!
A photo of Leucophylla Burgundy I found online. If you buy divisions from Meadowview they run at about $100 each!
Sarracenia-leucophylla-Burgundy-Large.jpg (45.41 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Sarracenia Leucophylla Washington CO. AL
A photo of his AL Leuco from 2010. Love the lips on this one.
A photo of his AL Leuco from 2010. Love the lips on this one.
AL Leuco.jpg (81.45 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
The Leuco's were 4 each because he felt bad about goofing up the Purpurea order, so in total I spent 14.65. Will update again when they arrive.
By Seige
nice I just received my order from hornplants today it was Four adult Sarracenia rubra ssp. rubra no tag. I didn't take pictures before I potted them, green pot has 2 rubra
Attachments:
Sarracenia rubra ssp. rubra
Sarracenia rubra ssp. rubra 2.jpg (680.13 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
Sarracenia rubra ssp. rubra.jpg (784.94 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
Seige liked this
Not what you would expect...

@andynorth, trust me. I did not tarry very long[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!