FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Esly
Haha. I was just wondering, but i wanna know if i can trust ebay to buy some carnivrous plants.
I buy a lot of stuff from ebay... with permission of my dad, so Yeahh
Carolyn told me not to buy the plants from ebay because i dont know if they're in good condition.
Im willing to take a chance, and if the plant isn't that great, I'll try my best to nurse it to health.
Because for like no reason, my dad doesn't want me to buy plants from Cobraplant.com (I think thats the website) Or any other websites that sell them. I don't know why. My dad usually never has a reason for these things. And he told me to search ebay, but since I'm a noob, and unexpirienced (I mispelled that) I don't know if I should... or should not buy from ebay...
Basically, if all that confused you... Cuz i just reread it and it confused me.... Im asking:
Should I buy plants from E-bay?

-Esly Tsai (ur noob-ish plant grower ^^) Hehe.

P.S. Eric, Cupcakes aren't people ^^ They're my evil expiriments gone wrong >:D
By doku
Thats weird. Ordering from cobraplant.com com is better than ordering from ebay, in my opinion. Maybe you can order them from steve at flytrapranch.com. Either cp seller has good plants. Or maybe you can buy them off of some of the members here.
By Aging_Bourbon
Nope.. as Manny said.. its a bad idea from eBay.. alot of people get ripped off there.. so your better getting it from expert grows that have nurserys like (listed below)
http://www.cobraplant.com -is the best place to get good plants
http://www.flytrapranch.com -Steve is a God!

allen,
Last edited by Aging_Bourbon on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By STEVIEFLY
Hi Esly i have bought a couple of plants from ebay in the UK they are ok but small, like others have said you should buy from Steve D as all i have heard is his plants are big and in great health. :)
By Matt
If you carefully pick who you order from, eBay is a good place to get some plants.

I've ordered plants from a grower in Arkansas (who I've become friends with through purchasing from him on eBay) and he sells great plants, but only sells a few per year:
http://myworld.ebay.com/glorifyingmymaker

I've also ordered from this guy:
http://www.carnivorousplantnursery.com/
but on his eBay store where his prices are more reasonable.

But you have to be careful because you could be buying plants from a poacher. If you have doubts about the origins of the plants, ask someone here to take a look at the listing and/or ask the seller for photos of their growing setup or some other way of proving that the plants weren't poached.
By sipecsus
Like matt stated if u order from the right people you will get a good deal, be sure to look at their feedback! But besides that eBay rocks!!! :)
By Eric
Esly wrote: P.S. Eric, Cupcakes aren't people ^^ They're my evil expiriments gone wrong >:D
They are too people! : :mrgreen:
By Esly
Matt wrote:But you have to be careful because you could be buying plants from a poacher. If you have doubts about the origins of the plants, ask someone here to take a look at the listing and/or ask the seller for photos of their growing setup or some other way of proving that the plants weren't poached.
Mkay. Just to be safe and stuff, If i find a plant, I'll post up a link. Cuz like poaching is bad... and it makes me feel sad inside when i know someone is taking plants... D:

sipecsus wrote:Like matt stated if u order from the right people you will get a good deal, be sure to look at their feedback! But besides that eBay rocks!!! :)
Ebay does rock ^^ I bought my wii, ps2, xbox 360, and my DS from there.... With help of my dad ^^
tejan24 wrote:ya dude jest check the sellers feed back. But I saw a b52 go for $60 and it was 1/3 the size of the B52 I got from Steve last month. That's crazy...
I always check feeback, and stuff ^^ Im a smart Ebay shopper XD
By mktamin
Hey, does anybody know if wellspring100 is a good person to buy from? Their feedback is nearly 100%, but the majority of the feedback was for plants other than carnivorous, and the prices seem to good to be true... I just purchased some Sarracenia, and I really hope I didn't waste my money :?
By mktamin
Matt wrote:They have good feedback and they have a lot of sales, so I wouldn't worry. I'm interested in hearing about the plant once you get it. Please let us know how large it is and what kind of shape it is in.
ok, I will. The only thing I don't like about the deal is that it wouldn't arrive until around September 7/8 :( But hopefully they can send it quicker since they only send them when there's no chance of freezing, and I don't see any areas freezing between our locations right now.
By Esly
mktamin wrote:
Matt wrote:They have good feedback and they have a lot of sales, so I wouldn't worry. I'm interested in hearing about the plant once you get it. Please let us know how large it is and what kind of shape it is in.
ok, I will. The only thing I don't like about the deal is that it wouldn't arrive until around September 7/8 :( But hopefully they can send it quicker since they only send them when there's no chance of freezing, and I don't see any areas freezing between our locations right now.
Hmmm. Well, It depends where the plant is from.. But around 7/8? That seems like a long time... Where's the plant even coming from? Cuz if its like... another country, i totally understand, but if its the US... thats kinda long time ya know?
And post pics. and stuff when you get your plants.
I will too... After i find a good deal :lol:
By mktamin
Esly wrote:
mktamin wrote:
Hmmm. Well, It depends where the plant is from.. But around 7/8? That seems like a long time... Where's the plant even coming from? Cuz if its like... another country, i totally understand, but if its the US... thats kinda long time ya know?
And post pics. and stuff when you get your plants.
I will too... After i find a good deal :lol:
Yes, that does seem like a long time, but Sept. 7/8 is just the latest they will arrive, they usually process the order within 10 days and then the shipping is about 2-3 days, so if I'm lucky, it should arrive some time next week. They're based somewhere in the subtropics of the US, which I believe is the south-eastern part of the US. They must sell a lot of plants for them to take so long processing orders :(
By Esly
mktamin wrote: Yes, that does seem like a long time, but Sept. 7/8 is just the latest they will arrive, they usually process the order within 10 days and then the shipping is about 2-3 days, so if I'm lucky, it should arrive some time next week. They're based somewhere in the subtropics of the US, which I believe is the south-eastern part of the US. They must sell a lot of plants for them to take so long processing orders :(
Weeelll.
Yeah. or maybe they have o plants and they aren't very "pro" at shipping.
But im just thinking on the dark side :lol:
But hopefully they'll be really pretty plants if they take that much time.

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, an[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!