FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By SundewWolf
I want to order a few flytraps from FTS, and I'm assuming they would be hardened off, but i just wanted to make sure.

Could I order bare-root plants now, or should I wait until it's warmer to try that method?

Even if the bare-root plants are not a good idea for the current weather, a potted VFT would be fine right?

Thanks
By Matt
SundewWolf wrote:I want to order a few flytraps from FTS, and I'm assuming they would be hardened off, but i just wanted to make sure.
Yes, we only sell fully hardened plants in the store unless otherwise explicitly stated in the product description (which we've only done once in the case of DC XL).
SundewWolf wrote:Could I order bare-root plants now, or should I wait until it's warmer to try that method?
As long as you're home to receive the plants when they arrive so that they don't sit outside and freeze or cook in the summer heat, ordering bare-root is fine anytime of year.
SundewWolf wrote:Even if the bare-root plants are not a good idea for the current weather, a potted VFT would be fine right?
Either way, potted or bare-root plants, has minimal chance of incurring damage in transit. We've been doing this going on 5 years now and have shipped thousands of orders now and we've had fewer than 5 people ever report damaged plants upon delivery. And in those few cases, nearly all of them were due to no one being home to bring the plants indoors after delivery.
By SundewWolf
Ok, cool. I just ordered a trichterfalle & fuzzy tooth combo. I think they either deliver packages to the main office or in front of my door. (Since its an apt building it would be inside in that case anyways.)
SundewWolf liked this

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!