FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Daniel_G
Mannex wrote:I would want a sundew that moves like a flytrap

get to work breeders lol

Go for a D. Burmannii Or D. Glandilugera Both move very quickly, pushing the fly to the middle of the leaf ;)
By victor
I'd love to have a cross between the B52 and the fang variety. That would result
in a plant with the biggest traps and fangs.
By Daniel_G
Oh, i didn't say what i would want, i would want a cross between a Drosera, Pinguicula, and Utriculatria, so it would have large Pinguicula leaves, As sticky a Drosera (With snap tentacles of course) And underground bladders, so it could eat all insects :twisted:
By K-Gutz
masmith wrote:I want one that will catch the bug out of the air. Just reach out and grab it. Maybe even chew it a little.

On a serious note. I just want one with really big trap and decently red color inside them.
Yeah, I like that idea, something like a chameleon. On that note it would be cool if they could change color like a chameleon!!!! :lol:
By victor
Mine would be B52 traps (with out the trigger hairs) with drosera capensis tentacles inside.
So the tentacles serve as trigger hairs that stick to prey. Making the pray suffer even more.
By Wikiwakawakawee
This is kinda an old thread, but I'd wanna make a flytrap that looks like the one's in Mario games, a round, spotted trap with short teeth :D That would probably be one of the most sought after plants out there! Maybe a cupped trap with angel wings??
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!