FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By cjpflaumer
Back in late October during an emergency repot from bad sand.... I made my first leaf pulling. It was actually about 4 leaves with a bit of rhizome but no root. I have grown it only under lights with a little sun through the window behind. I'm pretty proud of the coloration so I wanted to share!

Before: Image

After: Image
cjpflaumer liked this
By cjpflaumer
Thank you! I love that deep dark red it has. This was just a Lowes typical too. Certainly doesn't have this color on the donor plant that's outside, although it does have some pretty good coloration as well. This plant is hungry tho I can actually see droplets of nectar in all the traps.
By cjpflaumer
Kevonicus wrote:Wow nice rescue/leaf pull! I always favor the plants that some how made it against all odds, guess I like em tough :)
Thank you! The donor plant survived as well. It's of course much larger. It is outdoors check it out:
By xr280xr
Looking good! My Lowes (Botanical Wonders) VFTs didn't get any dark red until they went dormant. They're usually more like your most recent pic too.
By cjpflaumer
xr280xr wrote:Looking good! My Lowes (Botanical Wonders) VFTs didn't get any dark red until they went dormant. They're usually more like your most recent pic too.
Thats pretty much what happened to me. It went dormant and bam beautiful colors all popped out. All the way onto the cilia even. I love it

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!