FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By cyph3r_gfy
You could use it in a pinch. I don't know enough about it to say for sure what long term use would do. We sell demineralized water here also, but it's right next to the distilled water.

I have a distiller that makes about 1.5 gallons or approximately 6 liters (after boiling for 6+ hours). Too back up previous claims, yes it does use a boat load of energy. So in emergency situations, I'll boil up a batch. Yes, I've gone to walmart and seen no distilled available and desperately needed it.

For reference: $0.89 per gallon (about 4 liters) for me at my local store. Energy costs to make it on my own are roughly 8 times that much, not to mention the expense of the distiller (they are not cheap).
By parker679
cyph3r_gfy wrote:You could use it in a pinch. I don't know enough about it to say for sure what long term use would do. We sell demineralized water here also, but it's right next to the distilled water.

I have a distiller that makes about 1.5 gallons or approximately 6 liters (after boiling for 6+ hours). Too back up previous claims, yes it does use a boat load of energy. So in emergency situations, I'll boil up a batch. Yes, I've gone to walmart and seen no distilled available and desperately needed it.

For reference: $0.89 per gallon (about 4 liters) for me at my local store. Energy costs to make it on my own are roughly 8 times that much, not to mention the expense of the distiller (they are not cheap).
Seriously, not cheap or efficient at all. Did you acquire it for other things or as an emergency water supply for CP's? I have to assume the former since an RO unit would probably be cheaper for an emergency water supply.
By xr280xr
I wonder how much you could make during warmer months in a southern climate using solar energy.

I heard someone say they collect the condensation off their a/c unit. That always sounded interesting to me.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!