FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By charlie
I have ten gemmae that I am giving away with the expectation that you will give me feed back on the shipping and if there still viable.They are called D.allantostigm
here's what they look like
http://www.droseragemmae.com/images/allantostigma3.JPG
here's the flower
http://www.droseragemmae.com/images/all ... gmaf12.JPG
shipping is free pm me
thanks
charlie
By ego3k
That's an awesome deal and I dig those. I'm in, PMd.
By Zombie_walker
stubbingsj wrote:Hmmm...those look like what I have!! What exactly are gemmae? :?
Gemmae are those tiny little roundish green nubs that grow in the very middle of Pygmy sundews. You pull them off very carefully and plant them and they will each grow their own little sundew. It's supposed to be one of the easiest ways to propogate Pygmy sundews. Technically it's a "leaf pulling" :] Hope that helps
Zombie_walker liked this
By VenusFlyTrapLover
I ordered a SunDew today from Ebay, and maybe I could get some of these, I PM'ed you, I researched them, and how to care for them. :)
By BfloCPFan
Hey Charlie I received the gemmae today, and I have to say that I don't think a standard envelope is the best way to send them. When you send a standard envelope through the mail they put them through a roller machine that flattens anything in the envelope, thus squishing the gemmae in the bag. I have placed them on the pot in my terrarium, so we will see, but each individual gemmae was as flat as a piece of paper. Best of luck.

--Paul
By charlie
They were very very very disc shape when I harvested them. Thank you for the feed back I'm planning on selling gemmae on ebay. I am going to try a different method of shipping if you are ok with paying for shipping, but going to ship less gemmae.
thanks,
charlie
By Vern
What magic are you using to give us free shipping?
They're kinda cute. Not sure if I can support more plants at the moment, the Den needs more shelves.
By charlie
Vern wrote:What magic are you using to give us free shipping?
They're kinda cute. Not sure if I can support more plants at the moment, the Den needs more shelves.
I can send you some I'll pm you.
thanks, charlie
By ShatOnYourSteak
Got any left? I'm always up for growing something new. Would be sure to give feedback.
By ShatOnYourSteak
By the way I'm new in the forums. Please don't be discouraged by my low post count.
By Zombie_walker
Hey Charlie, I have bought gemmae before. They did the usual in a moist napkin inside those tiny ziplock bag, then wrapped it in bubble wrap (enough to wrap around twice) taping it into place then put it inside a small bubble wrapped envelope. They came in perfect condition 3 days later. You can buy bubble wrap and bubble envelopes at any $1 Store if you have one by you. Hope that helped give you some ideas, Good luck selling!

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!