FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By doku
Earlier this year i saved a couple of flytraps from those death cube things. At the time they all had color of some sort in their traps. I potted 4 of them up in a single 10 inch pot, in a peat:perlite mix, 50:50, and they sit in my back yard where they all get about 10 hours of sun every day. After they got acclimated and started growing new traps, I noticed that two of the 4 traps started to grow lower to the ground in a rossette fashion while the other two started growing up right. The up right ones started getting color in their traps again while the other ones started producing just green traps. Dose this sometimes happen or would this be considered an all green trap? Also, the rossette growing ones seem to grow a little slower than the other two.
By kevinqwe
i wouldnt care about this. an all green plant doesnt have red at all and never will.
By mktamin
If they're from one of those death cubes, they are most likely typicals, and under strong light, will eventually develop red
By KruperTrooper
Yea I bought one of those Death Cube VFT's. No they are not all green, once they get enough sun, they will start to color. But it wont be a deep red like Steve's plants. I can put some pictures up later if you want.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

I have only grown the humptydew type of D. burmann[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!