FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By BobGrill
malika621 wrote:I suppose I'll tell all of you about me when I get home this afternoon :) All my pictures are on my laptop, lol. I'm currently at school (tenth grade. For sure. Always get confused as to how old I am. I'm not alone on that, right...?).
Ooh! I have the first post on page 30!
No you're not alone there. I'm 20 and every time someone asks how old I am I almost say 18 half the time.
By malika621
BobGrill wrote:
malika621 wrote:I suppose I'll tell all of you about me when I get home this afternoon :) All my pictures are on my laptop, lol. I'm currently at school (tenth grade. For sure. Always get confused as to how old I am. I'm not alone on that, right...?).
Ooh! I have the first post on page 30!
No you're not alone there. I'm 20 and every time someone asks how old I am I almost say 18 half the time.
Yeah... I said I was fourteen the other day and everyone was like 'what?!' Then I corrected myself. Fifteen. Not fourteen. I have to remind myself that I'm just old enough to get a learners license. That's the only way I can remember my age... So... Yeah. ^-^ I'm fifteen for sure.
By coline
I realized this year 1 month before my birthday that I still had not 20 years lol! I like to use the same age for the whole year as a simple way to say it but this year I got a confusion moment
By malika621
Okay. Here I go then. I'm at home now, lol.

I'm Angela. Some people call me Pansie (actually, only my Mom, sister, and best friend do...). I'm fifteen years old, born on 6-21-98. Just so happened to be the summer solstice and fathers day. Lucky me. I live in Georgia (Where's Loganville? It's a commercial from a long time ago) with my Mom, Dad, and two sisters. And... I'm a Sophomore: tenth grade. In high school.

I love to draw and read and explore. Still. I love to go hiking (I just love the scenery) and go down to my little creek down in the front of the house and catch salamanders. I love anime, manga, and practically anything Japanese. I love writing; however, I'm horrible at spelling. I like designing things and solving unique problems. With a little help from a teacher or my Mom, of course. I also love collecting odd things (including... air plants, carnivorous plants, and more.). Oh! And my favorite color...? Blue. I love blue. And I like to take pictures.

Another big thing in my life? I absolutely love music. I play the flute (fifth year) and the piccolo (second year). I've tried playing the saxophone and clarinet but... It just won't happen. I'm in concert band and, currently, marching band. As a matter of fact, we have a performance tonight. I'll be there in a few hours. Here's a link of last years show.

Um... Okay. Let's see.... Pets! I have three cats, a hermit crab, snails, and we just got our first puppy! I was so excited to get a puppy! :D I thought I would have trouble with dogs because I've never had good experiences with them (I was attacked by eight different ones when I was little). But he's the best dog ever! And... That's all I can think of for the moment, lol. Maybe I'll think up something to add later...? Probably not. ;)
Attachments:
Butter Ball. Our Austrian Shepard and Shi Tzu mix
Butter Ball. Our Austrian Shepard and Shi Tzu mix
DSC_0214.jpg (25.95 KiB) Viewed 8288 times
Squeak is the tabby. Then there's the big one: Pom Pom. He's my favorite!
Squeak is the tabby. Then there's the big one: Pom Pom. He's my favorite!
cats.jpg (17.7 KiB) Viewed 8288 times
Samoa. The evil one...
Samoa. The evil one...
Moa.jpg (24.15 KiB) Viewed 8288 times
Tim. My hermit crab.
Tim. My hermit crab.
Untitled.png (150.19 KiB) Viewed 8288 times
Last edited by malika621 on Fri May 09, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By malika621
coline wrote:I realized this year 1 month before my birthday that I still had not 20 years lol! I like to use the same age for the whole year as a simple way to say it but this year I got a confusion moment
That's about what I do, lol :) I just though I was going to be fourteen and not fifteen...
By Zombie_walker
I was attacked by a dog when I was younger too malika621, he snapped onto my arm and shook me till I managed to get him off and run away. But I still love dogs as well and have owned a few :] Yay for you getting a new puppy! At the college I go to there are bushes everywhere and tons of lizards I try to catch them sometimes when no ones looking lol :lol:
By malika621
Lol! I can see me doing that in a few years... Gotta make sure you don't look weird, or what's the deal with waiting 'til no one's looking? :lol:
By Zombie_walker
malika621 wrote:Lol! I can see me doing that in a few years... Gotta make sure you don't look weird, or what's the deal with waiting 'til no one's looking? :lol:
Yeah lol I don't want people staring at me and wondering what I'm doing or thinking I'm weird.
By malika621
Zombie_walker wrote:
malika621 wrote:Lol! I can see me doing that in a few years... Gotta make sure you don't look weird, or what's the deal with waiting 'til no one's looking? :lol:
Yeah lol I don't want people staring at me and wondering what I'm doing or thinking I'm weird.
:lol: That's a good point! I guess it's a good thing I don't have to worry about that for a while. I don't plan on living on campus in college. I want to live at home and drive to school. So I can catch lizards whenever I want without looking weird. To anyone else. My family knows. But that secrets been out for a while
By stubbingsj
Hey guys! I know it's a little late, but better late than never!

So, I am 16 years old, and a junior at my high school. I grew up in Port Saint Lucie, Florida (deep city) until I was about 6 or 7. (It seems so long ago) Then I moved further north to Bryceville, Florida into the boonies. :lol: In all seriousness, I prefer the boonies more though. I have a couple hobbies. My first is metal detecting with my dad, which is quite fun. Recently, we started going "exploring," which is basically spending time finding really old, historical, and off-the-beaten-path places, and then spending the next day going to them. Lately, we've been trying to find a place with pitcher plants growing naturally. :mrgreen: My third hobby, obviously, is growing carnivorous plants. One day (don't laugh) I hope to have enough to open a small nursery and to sell them! (I hope that doesn't threaten your business Matt! :lol: ) For a real job, I plan to go into a field with computer programming/web design. If that doesn't work out, I'm looking at jobs in botany. ( :idea: job w/ plants = job w/ carnivorous plants = good) Maybe I can get a job WITH MATT!!!! :lol: :lol: Then I can work with plants AND sell them!!!! LOL!! :lol:
By cjpflaumer
I haven't posted on here either so here we go.

I'm 25 years old from Southern California. I am a BMW technician at one of the larger centers in the US. I enjoy working on cars but since it is my job I don't enjoy it very much outside of work. Hobbies are obviously growing venus fly traps and I am looking to expand my growing to other carnivorous plants as well as lots of fruits and vegetables. I like to ride dirt bikes. Play with RC cars also. I got into these because my wife knew I had one when I was young but it died because I knew nothing. She saw them at Home Depot and surprised me. This was may 2012 so this year i expanded my collection during the summer. That's about all for me in a nutshell.
By Vern
Currently a Quality Control analyst. I get to test rapid diagnostic tests day in and day out. Oh so fun and redundant. I look forward to watering my plants when I get home.

I wish I could get a job in ecology, plant sciences, botany or horticulture, but the demand here isn't very big.

I've recently got interested in orchids. I hope I can successfully keep them alive as I have with my sundews and traps!
By charlie
alright lets get it over with :lol:

I am 11 years old. I live in menlo park california. I grew up in belmont were we had a big garden. This is where I got my introduction to carnivorous plants when my dad purchased venus flytrap seeds for my mom. It was very nice, but we moved away into a small rental in menlo park. How I started growing carnivorous plants go's like this. I randomly happened upon a cp nursery in half moon bay. I bought my first venus flytrap there (which is still hanging on to life). After that I got the savage garden at the library, found out about california carnivores, and my hobby took of :) :) .
charlie, charlie liked this

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!