FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By danielfivetoes
As many of you know I somehow stumbled into the role as the caretaker for the Stanley Rehder Carnivorous Garden here in Wilmington, North Carolina. For much of the past year I have relied on Matt and Leah to help rebuild our naturalized garden after poaching. Thanks to them and and many outside supporters the garden just received about 400 Beautiful traps. We were charges for 352 but sorry Matt your dear wife as always is most generous in her counting.
Now it is dormancy and those that are afraid to buy at this time I would tell you to seriously reconsider. After two days of potting plants I can say this, dormant plants being potted or planted, this is the idea time to do so. The plants I received all had these great rhizomes, I mean big bulbous ones and the tap root on average were 2- 3 inches on even the what was clearly baby traps. I was getting frustrated when they were over 4 inches, I mean come on? How do I pot that size? To do them justice I had to go out and buy deeper pots! Spring here is going to be very exciting with all these new plants.
Support your grower and buy yourself a plant that this spring will will dazzle you. Oh and a little birdie told me that Matt just might have a legally sourced seeds from Wilmington for all to add to your collection.
Dan

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!