FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Zombie_walker
Hey stubbingsj, I have this saved from Best Carnivorous Plants, hopefully it helps a little this is what they say is required in order to ship to the US. They are ranked pretty high in the "List of legitimate plant suppliers" thread so I'm pretty sure this is correct, but hopefully someone else can confirm for me :]
image.jpg
image.jpg (69.19 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
**I'm sorry to the admins if my post violates any rules of the forum, Please delete or inform me to delete it if it does.**
Zombie_walker liked this
By stubbingsj
Florida-
According to [url]nhttp://nationalplantboard.org/docs/summaries/florida.pdf[/url], a Dionaea Muscipula "Alien" would be considered fine to import, and is not on the "no-no" list.

Can't seem to find ANY regulations or rules for international shipping from Europe... :?
By Zombie_walker
From my own research I believe that a certificate is needed for All live plant importations from any other country.
I read through the link you attached and here it says a certificate with all the seller/importers information is needed along with all information on the plant.
image.jpg
image.jpg (79.31 KiB) Viewed 2906 times
Zombie_walker liked this
By Matt
stubbingsj wrote:Does anyone know what type of licenses, if any, are needed to ship a plant (lets say an 'Alien' ) from overseas (Europe) to the US (FL)?
CITES and Phytosanitary Certificate. Unless the plants are in tissue culture, then only a Phyto. Cert.
Matt, Matt liked this
By stubbingsj
Matt wrote:CITES and Phytosanitary Certificate.
How would some one get these certificates, and is it difficult to get one?
Last edited by stubbingsj on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Matt
stubbingsj wrote:How would some one get these certificates, and is it difficult to get one?
It depends on where you live, but they're usually issued through your local department of agriculture. If you live in the US, you can call the USDA to find out which agency that is. Here in Oregon, it is the Oregon Department of Agriculture. The way the system is set up (at least when I did it 5 or 6 years ago) is that you have to go to a local office and request an account. Then you're entered into their online system:
https://pcit.aphis.usda.gov/pcit/

Once you have an account, you can access it and file for the paperwork online. When you file, you select the local office from the list of choices to issue the PC and pay for the certificate. The cost of the certificate varies, I believe, from local agency to local agency. The local agency officer receives a notification, prints out the PC, comes to your house (or sets up a time and place to meet), inspects the plants and issues the paperwork.

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!