FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By VenusFlyTrapLover
Well I have these VFT's, and honestly I do not think I can take care of so many Flytraps, so I am going to sell these.
Just give me any reasonable price or whatever, since I do not know how much they go for? But yeah, if you want them here.

This one has eight heads, seven open, and one closed.
The plant has been through some tough times, but she has a nice rhizome, one of the heads are sort of deformed by the way.

---------------

Here is the next one, has only one jaw, a small baby. The rest are leaves, has some burns on the leaves.
Not the healthiest, but the rhizome is there, and growing.

---------------

Last one has no jaws, and burns on leaves, I tried my best to restore it but I just cannot, I know the plant isn't dead since the rhizome looks healthy, but the plant is just too soft. Also has some long roots in there.

The plants are not at their best conditions, the two that are small I ordered online, and they came with minors, I tried to restore them but I cannot, i'd rather sell them to someone who knows.

Currently they are dipped in Distilled water.

Any price that is reasonable, since I do not know how much these VFT's sell for...
By BLoo
To be very honest with you, I'm not sure typical VFTs will get you a price worthwhile, especially if you uprooted it before selling. I'd definitely expect offers to not exceed $10 and the highest offers would probably be around $6-7 + shipping (USPS shipping is around $5-$6 that should be paid by buyer).
By Matt
In addition to what BLoo wrote, I'd say that you might be better off growing those flytraps a bit longer to see if you can nurse them back to health. The rhizomes look as if they are rotting, some of them might not even make it. Would not be fair to the buyer to purchase the plants only to have them die.
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this
By VenusFlyTrapLover
Okay these plants are free to who ever messages me first, but has to pay for shipping, I do not want to kill them, I can no longer take care of them.
By Leo756
Sorry, but I seriously doubt you're going to find anyone who would pay *any* amount of money for plants that look that bad. Please, just give them a quick, merciful end rather than slowly rotting to death like that.
By VenusFlyTrapLover
Leo756 wrote:Sorry, but I seriously doubt you're going to find anyone who would pay *any* amount of money for plants that look that bad. Please, just give them a quick, merciful end rather than slowly rotting to death like that.
I said they are free. As long as someone pays for shipping...
By Leo756
Okay, so what I obviously meant is that I doubt anyone would ever pay any amount of money -- neither to you *nor* the post office -- to receive plants that look that bad.
Leo756 liked this
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!