FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Droseracloner314
Posts:  155
Joined:  Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:18 pm
#187399
Wow! It looks great! Whats the size of it? Mine is still my favorite, that and my biohazard. Congrats on getting one. The small division of my Alien is finally coming back with avengeance! Enjoy that rare little guy, i surely enjoy mine.
By happiness
#187403
I want one. :'(

It looks pretty big!
By buick231
Posts:  28
Joined:  Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm
#187412
3 inches in diameter
By buick231
Posts:  28
Joined:  Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm
#187415
Hope it gets bigger. Does anyone know the mature growth size?
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21180
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#187430
buick231 wrote:Does anyone know the mature growth size?
Alien can get quite large. I need to take and post some photos of my mother plant before it goes dormant and loses its biggest traps. I was very surprised at the size of the traps on it this year. I didn't measure, but I'd guess them to be 2 inches long, perhaps a bit longer...
By Droseracloner314
Posts:  155
Joined:  Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:18 pm
#187433
Matt wrote:
buick231 wrote:Does anyone know the mature growth size?
Alien can get quite large. I need to take and post some photos of my mother plant before it goes dormant and loses its biggest traps. I was very surprised at the size of the traps on it this year. I didn't measure, but I'd guess them to be 2 inches long, perhaps a bit longer...
I can wait to see 2" traps on mine! That would be insane!
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21180
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#187442
Droseracloner314 wrote:I can wait to see 2" traps on mine! That would be insane!
It is insane! Every time I look at the mature plant, I giggle a bit. So funny looking! The traps look like hot dog buns for Vienna sausages :)
By buick231
Posts:  28
Joined:  Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm
#187445
Matt wrote:
Droseracloner314 wrote:I can wait to see 2" traps on mine! That would be insane!
It is insane! Every time I look at the mature plant, I giggle a bit. So funny looking! The traps look like hot dog buns for Vienna sausages :)
lmao
User avatar
By Lee
Posts:  638
Joined:  Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:16 pm
#187446
Matt you can't say that and not show us a picture:grin::lol:

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21180
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#187447
Lee wrote:Matt you can't say that and not show us a picture:grin::lol:
OK, OK...I'll go snap a couple. It's raining here today, so the lighting won't be the best, but I'll do what I can :)
User avatar
By Lee
Posts:  638
Joined:  Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:16 pm
#187448
It's been raining over here for weeks, the Noah and the ark story makes me laugh, 40 days of rain? Err we're on 50 so we'll take that :lol:

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2
By buick231
Posts:  28
Joined:  Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm
#188947
No sorry just got mine.
Drosera Seedlings - Not Getting Bigger

Ok, but like, the entire plants are like 1 mm in s[…]

I do have your SASE, I will let you know when it g[…]

Cape Sundew Death???

On a side note, are you using distilled water or r[…]

Species guessing game

"Gigantea"?

My thoughts are that the plant is just catching it[…]

Seeds arrived. Thank you again.

SASE sent out today.

Order received. Your order number is 0121. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!