Pot of baby flytaps or 25 baby flytraps for 25/35?

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones
ironjaws

Pot of baby flytaps or 25 baby flytraps for 25/35?

by ironjaws » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:33 pm

So I'm planning on expanding my flytrap collection by ordering either the 'pot of baby flytraps' or '25 baby flytraps for 25(or 35) from the flytrapstore for next spring.

I'm just curious, if there are any tissue culture flytraps, aka cultivars like 'low giant', 'paradisia', etc, will they be labeled when shipped? I can't seem to find that info :oops: . Thanks for any help :D

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Pot of baby flytaps or 25 baby flytraps for 25/35?

by Matt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:37 pm

All of the plants we sell are out of tissue culture. In the case of the 25 babies for $25, they're usually non-named varieties grown from seed. For the 25 red babies for $35, they're usually one of the named red varieties or unnamed seed-grown varieties. But none of them will come with a label when you receive them.
My Growlist
Eat Plants! Leave the meat for our pet plants :)

no avatar
happiness

by happiness » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:40 pm

You could always go for the mystery box. :-)

ironjaws

by ironjaws » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Matt wrote:All of the plants we sell are out of tissue culture. In the case of the 25 babies for $25, they're usually non-named varieties grown from seed. For the 25 red babies for $35, they're usually one of the named red varieties or unnamed seed-grown varieties. But none of them will come with a label when you receive them.

Thanks for the reply, Matt. I'm still interested in either of these options, I'll probably get one some time next year.

happiness wrote:You could always go for the mystery box. :-)

Aww, I forgot about the mystery box! Hmmm, me thinks that the gamble may be fun :twisted: .

Return to Venus Fly Trap General Discussions