FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Goodkoalie
What exaclty is super user. I see it alot but do noe know what it is or how you become one.
By akinkysnorlax
It is someone who is active and helpful in the forums. Anyone can become one if they continuously go out of their way to answer questions and give reliable, accurate help and advice. And I personally think you need to post lots of photos of your own carnivorous plants to let the moderator (Matt) know that you actually can grow CP's and are knowledgeable enough to keep them alive and healthy.
By parker679
akinkysnorlax did a great job explaining what a Super User is.

I don't believe there is a definite answer on how to become one. It's some combination of forum activity(post count), helpfulness(thanked count) and visibility. As far as I know there isn't any sort of magic number on anything. You can have 2000 posts but not be a helpful and contributing member. Or you can be extremely helpful yet have a low thanks count.

I think ultimately it's a judgement call by Matt. He's active enough here that he can tell who the "Super Users" are. I also imagine that it's not something he constantly updates which is why you will see people labeled in batches.

I don't speak for everyone, but personally I was super excited when I went to a thread I posted in and happened to notice my name was orange out of the corner of my eye. I can tell you that my wife did NOT understand my excitement when I explained to her how I got labeled a Super User on the forum I frequent. :lol:
By Starchy
To become a super user, you have to win a CP Olympics event. For me, I repotted and divided a typical in under 3 minutes!

Just kidding. akinkysnorlax & parker explained it well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
By parker679
Starchy wrote:To become a super user, you have to win a CP Olympics event. For me, I repotted and divided a typical in under 3 minutes!

:lol: LoL......In my head repotting really does only take a few minutes assuming your soil is already made and in the pot. The fact that I walk outside for a quick repot and walk back in 2 hours later means my head is pretty wrong.
By Goodkoalie
Starchy wrote:To become a super user, you have to win a CP Olympics event. For me, I repotted and divided a typical in under 3 minutes!

ha ha If i already have the sold mixed, i can easily take a huge sarr out of it's pot, divide it, and repot each division in a few minutes.

Thank you all for your answers, i will try to be helpful here.
By Ae9803
Curious what are the benenfits of being a super user? Just more curious of what site privileges you get .
By BlogsfromaSingleMom
As far as I know, you don't really get any 'benefits' other than it being sort of a thank you type thing. It just means you're a little extra helpful.

Or you're bribing Matt and Leah with money.

Just kidding about that last one.
By parker679
BlogsfromaSingleMom wrote:As far as I know, you don't really get any 'benefits' other than it being sort of a thank you type thing. It just means you're a little extra helpful.

Or you're bribing Matt and Leah with money.

Just kidding about that last one.
I tend to send Matt and Leah money every few weeks. For plants. :lol:
parker679 liked this
By Kevonicus
Ahh my favorite color is orange!! :D . I need to make it past dormancy first in my attempt to overwinter outside zone 7b to even think of being helpful on these forums. Otherwise, I've been growing all kinds of plants and love just how different CP plants are to care for. :)
Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!