FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Idontkno23
Lowes got new flytraps in stock, so they haven't been sitting their too long, they didn't look great though.

Got 1, there were a few purps and a few pretty big typical flytraps

The one I got had a healthy sized rhizome and some big traps already, but about half of the rhizome had rotted, so I just broke that part off afterwards.

And finally, the plant potted up in some fresh lfs
By BlogsfromaSingleMom
I scored 4 dead-ish ones at my Lowes a few days ago for 2.50$ There was nothing wrong with them other than some dead leaves from a complete lack of water. Congrats on your rescue!
By sbrooks
Just returned from Lowe's myself gathering ammo for insect warfare in my back yard, mainly mosquitos and hornets. I don't uusally go to this Lowe's but it is one of the few in my area that has the gumption to carry flytraps and pitcher plants. What I saw there was like a scene from a Charles Dickens novel. 7 Tiny Tims, with nary a morsel of nourishment, strangers to the light of day, all looking up at me with those big round pupils..........OK, I'll stop. Anyway, this is what I picked up: 3 pitchers, 4 flytraps. Talked the nice lady at the plant section into $1 apiece. She asked if I was a teacher, I said, "No, I'm just crazy". I explained to her that I've got lots of flytraps. I even told her that what I was doing was often referred to as a "Lowe's Death Cube Rescue". She acknowledged that they have been on the shelf for a long time, and that there is no way to water them. surprisingly, they were all moist when I got them home, so someone there took some initiative to water them with something..... :?
I certainly don't need anymore typical flytraps, but the three pitcher plants are certainly a nice addition to my growing collection of Sarracenia. I now have about 12 of those. But i couldn't resist taking all seven plants at that price. Now I just got to get one of those "Who Rescued Who?" bumper stickers.

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

From what I remember, one quarter teaspoon per gal[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!