FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Ericrud
Just bought a macro lens for my phone, Expect Much higher quality pictures guys!

P.S Feel free to post your sphagnum if you want to show off :)
P.S.S There's tiny bugs crawling around in my sphagnum... they look gross, I'll snap a photo when I get my lens, and see if any of you mentlegen can help me out.
By Ericrud
Update: planted Ginger: already has roots, and Lowes Deathtrap vft is growing fantastic, and should probably be replanted in a bigger container soon.

By snapperhead51
yes your live sphag is to dry, it like cool good light sun light , and high humidity and very good water quality and some very light fertilizer to grow well , when you got the conditions right it will be a lush green and grows very quickly , in pots containers or on grow benches
Attachments:
sphag on grow benches , this is up to  7 in deep  in places
sphag on grow benches , this is up to 7 in deep in places
P1160585.JPG (158.74 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
a pot a heliamphora  with over growing sphag
a pot a heliamphora with over growing sphag
P1160540.JPG (150.76 KiB) Viewed 4683 times
By Sander
Where are the photo's? :D

Ps Snapper, wow, they look awesome, mine do now grow nearly as fast, but then again, its about 30 degrees C during the days here. (the sphagnum container gets about 25 degrees :( )

So should i keep it in the tray it is in now and place it in full sun and let it reach a bit higher temps with lower humidity (taking the cover off because i dont want to boil it), and keep the cover on and let it get indirect sun only?
By Ericrud
Hey everybody it's been a long while! I'm back as an update to what's been going on with my sphagnum moss. Basically what I have done is ridden the takeout thing and switched it with a big salad container because I heard that height might help the growth a bit
I also took about half of the sphagnum and dropped it in my fly trap medium.

By Sander
Well, i was thinking the same coline, but in nature i have seen them flooded for weeks at a time (2-3 weeks). I think it has to due with a substrate under the sphagnum
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!