FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Starchy
So, I have been on vacation (in Maine) for a little over a week. I returned Sunday night. Apparently, the town I live in has been advertising a large-scale spraying of mosquito repellent and growth control while I was away. I did not realize what was happening until I heard the sprayers coming down the street. I have checked the town's website, and the active ingredients in the spray are:

Sumithrin (d-Phenothrin)
Altosid

I have VFTs, Sarrs, and some Drosera that were exposed. I plan to flush all my plants very thoroughly immediately after this post, but was wondering if anyone knew anything about these ingredients. All I know so far is that they dissolve rapidly in sun, and are not soluble in water. The chemicals are a low risk for humans, but they did suggest closing all windows of our houses for 12 hours.

Thanks in advance. Wish me luck!
By akinkysnorlax
I am not sure how your plants will turn out, but I am betting it wont do severe damage or if any at all. Altosid is a fancy name a hormone that acts as an insecticide. Humans can actually ingest it and no damage would occur (I wouldn't recommend trying)

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!