FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By cadorn
I just spotted a reference to an article on moving with CPs, written by Matt in 2009. But when I clicked on it, I got this response:

"No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame."

I just checked my profile to see if I had unintentionally set a limit to the time, but so far haven't spotted that possibility. If it isn't due to me, how can we access old articles and posts? How long ago are they held? If the message is because of something I need to change in my set-up, please let me know how to make adjustments. Thanks for your help!
By cadorn
Matt wrote:Can you send me a link to the Google search where you found the article? I can probably figure out why it isn't allowing you to view the page.
It wasn't a Google search, but was one of two or three listings under my forum question about moving with Neph.s. They were under a text block, not part of a message. I had thought maybe the computer or web master had put them in, as relevant to the topic.
By cadorn
Matt wrote:Can you send me a link to the Google search where you found the article? I can probably figure out why it isn't allowing you to view the page.
The link was under "Related articles" at the bottom of the thread:

RELATED TOPICSREPLIESVIEWS
LAST POST
Moving too much
by tongtong » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:45 pm 3 Replies200 Views
Last post by Matt
Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:21 am
Venus Fly Trap Care Questions
Moving Plants
by English Springer » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:13 pm 1 Replies132 Views
Last post by watnazn
Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:42 am
Moving down south
by chompy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:32 am 2 Replies158 Views
Last post by heathenpriest
Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:52 pm
Venus Fly Trap General Discussions
Moving Slow
by Noles172809 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:00 pm 3 Replies192 Views
Last post by OR1ON
Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:23 pm
Moving vft
by Snap Traps » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:58 am 2 Replies130 Views
Last post by Snap Traps
Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:45 am
Venus Fly Trap General Discussions
By cadorn
Probably the computer gremlins acting out. Any way of simply sending me a new or copied link to an article or two you would recommend on advice re moving with CPs? Thanks for your help!
Connie
By Matt
I can't remember what I wrote in that thread, but I do remember how I moved the plants. Essentially I just set them in the back of the huge U-Haul van and drove :) I watered them thoroughly before loading them in and the drive was only 22 hours or so (we drove straight through), so they were fine upon arrival. I did have some gallons of water set aside just in case they got thirsty.
By cadorn
Matt wrote:I can't remember what I wrote in that thread, but I do remember how I moved the plants. Essentially I just set them in the back of the huge U-Haul van and drove :) I watered them thoroughly before loading them in and the drive was only 22 hours or so (we drove straight through), so they were fine upon arrival. I did have some gallons of water set aside just in case they got thirsty.
Thanks! By any chance did you move Nesph (blanking out on the spelling - the ones with long strands that end in pitchers)? Any suggestions for how I can not have the pitchers get destroyed? Admittedly, the trauma of the new setting will probably kill them off anyway. And I already have on my "set aside" list of things to take, a large container of distilled water! You give me hope: if yours survived after 22 hours, there is hope for mine at 5 hours! Provided they survive staying in the hotel beforehand with me for a few days.
By Matt
cadorn wrote:Thanks! By any chance did you move Nesph (blanking out on the spelling - the ones with long strands that end in pitchers)?
Yes, I had at least one Nepenthes when I moved. Gave it the same care as the flytraps.
cadorn wrote:Any suggestions for how I can not have the pitchers get destroyed?
Again, I just set it in a tray and made sure it had plenty of room so that the pitchers didn't get mashed.
cadorn wrote:Admittedly, the trauma of the new setting will probably kill them off anyway.
True. I think that I nearly killed mine after the move by giving it too much sunlight. It lost almost all of its foliage.
cadorn wrote:You give me hope: if yours survived after 22 hours, there is hope for mine at 5 hours! Provided they survive staying in the hotel beforehand with me for a few days.
They should be fine as long as they don't dry out!

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!