FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By DTDream18
Is anyone familiar with an online retailer named "Venus Flytrap Super Store" in Florida ? Here's their link.

http://venusflytrapsuperstore.com/

I've been looking for a nice B52 and I can never seem to find them available here at Flytrapstore.

I've always been severely disappointed when I've purchased B52 at other online retailers.
By parker679
Based on some of the things they say I'd be cautious. It just looks like a company selling commonly available CP's, probably purchased in bulk from a tissue culture supplier.

DTDream18 wrote:I've always been severely disappointed when I've purchased B52 at other online retailers.
Which begs the question, how many B52's do you have and why not just grow one of those out?
By DTDream18
That's what I'm worried about Parker. Unless I get some firsthand testimonials I wont be ordering from them. I've been out of the hobby for about a year now and either gave away or sold all of my pretty substantial collection of plants. I recently ordered 2 young B52's from California Carnivores and they were tiny and died in a few weeks. And I'm an experienced grower.
By parker679
DTDream18 wrote:That's what I'm worried about Parker. Unless I get some firsthand testimonials I wont be ordering from them. I've been out of the hobby for about a year now and either gave away or sold all of my pretty substantial collection of plants. I recently ordered 2 young B52's from California Carnivores and they were tiny and died in a few weeks. And I'm an experienced grower.
Gotcha.

I would start by using the email notification option at FlyTrapStore to notify you when they put them in stock.

It may also help to make a post in the Sales/Trades section or try ebay.
By kronos1996
I have heard wonderful things about http://www.cobraplants.com they are considered one of the top online CP sellers although they specialize in pitcher plants and have quite a sundew collection their VFT selection is small... But they may have B-52 if you don't see it then call them and ask they are very nice.
By DTDream18
Problem solved .... I ordered a couple of plants from Steve over at Flytrap Ranch. A seed grown VFT and and a Jaws VFT.
I inquired about the availability of a B52 and Steve is throwing one in for free. Great guy .... selling great plants.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!