FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Their shipping charges at the time of checkout aren't actually what they charge when they ship your order. What they actually charge for shipping within the US is much more reasonable than the "estimated" quote at the time of checkout.
By bisnicks
Matt wrote:Their shipping charges at the time of checkout aren't actually what they charge when they ship your order. What they actually charge for shipping within the US is much more reasonable than the "estimated" quote at the time of checkout.
They're quoting me ~$11 shipping for 25 caps. Thing is, it's UPS ground so I'm not sure how much cheaper it can actually get. I think that is the base price for UPS ground.
By Sander
Try shipping to the eu, i cant remember which american site it was, but it charged me 450 dollars of shipping for about 15 $ worth of caps ^^
By rellenburg
Matt wrote:Their shipping charges at the time of checkout aren't actually what they charge when they ship your order. What they actually charge for shipping within the US is much more reasonable than the "estimated" quote at the time of checkout.
That's good to know. I've never placed an order with them because of this. Strange way to lose business.

And to the op... I doubt you'll do much better than that. Also, I understand if you're on a tight budget, but 25 caps won't barely get you started, by the time you sterilize water and use a jar or 2 for bleach. 1 liter of media will use over 30 jars by itself.
By bisnicks
rellenburg wrote:
That's good to know. I've never placed an order with them because of this. Strange way to lose business.

And to the op... I doubt you'll do much better than that. Also, I understand if you're on a tight budget, but 25 caps won't barely get you started, by the time you sterilize water and use a jar or 2 for bleach. 1 liter of media will use over 30 jars by itself.
I just wish they would ship via USPS flat rate. I mean, 25 caps would probably fit in a small flat rate box.

Do you suggest 50 then?
By bisnicks
snapperhead51 wrote:may be try Home Tissue Group , Carol Stiff, , they may be a bit more reasonable ??
Carol is more interested in helping T/C people than ripping them off
john
I'll have to check her stuff out. It may be a better option.
By rellenburg
Yes 50 at a bare minimum. I didn't realize how many were needed until I got started. Imagine that you want to try 4 explants and 2 different types of seed (I will only disinfect a maximum of 2 at the same time in a jar). If you do 1 bleach and 3 rinses per 2 explants/seed types that is 12 jars/lids right there. Then if you use 25ml of media per jar, 1 liter is 40 jars worth.
I don't have nearly as much going on as most everyone on here and I have 200. Good luck!
Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!