FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By SEWinans
I ordered some sphagnum moss from them quite a few months ago. It arrived in good shape and is growing strong today. They also included a free drosera spatulata with my order which was a nice surprise.

As far as I can remember shipping was fast.
By MisterE24
Yes! Great communication, I emailed them before ordering and got a quick response. I ordered a large low giant from them back in june/july I think and the size of the plant was huge! Extremely healthy with multiple traps well over an inch and some around 1.5 inches. I also got a free drosera as well.
By Matt
My experience is the same as weaver's. Carnivorous Plant Nursery, run by Mike Szesze, is definitely reputable and has been around for quite a while. In my experience with a few orders, I've found the plants are a bit over priced and under sized but they are healthy and in good condition upon arrival.
By BearZerkerr
The majority of my rare CPs that I haven't grown from seed come from there. I have a pic of some sarracenia i ordered recently from carnivorousplantnursery.com. They have always sent me a bonus D. Spatulata, which i have nearly 20 already. :lol:

The pics here are the plants they sent me, plus a little over 2 weeks of my care. S. Flava in the middle, a small portion is a purpurea venosa which is putting on new pitchers and it very healthy. Meant to take better pics but my tablet is outta battery lol.

I would highly recommend ordering from them.
By Mikey3288
Yeap he was located about 15 minutes from me so I visited often. It's owned/operated by Michael Szesze. He's a very friendly and knowledgeable guy, always willing to throw in freebies here and there. As stated before his plants are a little pricey and undersized but they're all very healthy!
By happiness
Ah! I wanted to to actually visit this place since it was close by, but they only do visit by appointment.. I'd love to see what their venus flytraps look like.. I wish I could see them up close.
By Mikey3288
Do it! You won't regret it :D He's currently in the process of moving to Smithsburg, MD and will re-open in the Fall. Unfortunately it's an hour away from me now :( not as convenient but still definitely worth the trek. I find it's easier to communicate via email with him. And just FYI he's usually only available on weekends for nursery visits.

His VFTs are awesome, he's got several large trays full of them and you get to cherry pick!

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!