FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By kromodos
i live in Georgia which is next door to the Carolina's and i was wondering would it be ok to leave my flytraps outside all year long and re-pot them when they've out grown the pot
By akinkysnorlax
Yes you can! In fact, I highly recommend you do. Unless you live in extreme North Georgia, your plants are actually favoring living outside. Technically, they live in the exact same weather conditions as those in South Carolina. Here is a photo that will greatly help you out. Look at the color of South Carolina, if where you live in Georgia is that same color, than you are actually in prime flytrap real estate!

I live in Nebraska, Zone 5. It is the color Dark Green. It means I can grow plants outside in the summer once it gets warm enough, but in order for them to survive I must bring them indoors to ensure they live through Nebraska's sometimes very deep frosts.
akinkysnorlax liked this
By kromodos
thank you they will be outside for good now
By Rmac88
I'm in the same boat as you, I live in Georgia as well (looks like zone 8 based on the above chart) and my plants seem to be loving being outside much more than when I had them inside under lights!
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!