FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By obregonmichael5
So this is it fellas. Me being a teen is not awesome. Too many people are so hotsyles these days, talkin bout i scored this chick, i'm so rich, mines bigger than yours (if ya know I mean). I wonder "what has come with this generation of kids?". To tell you that your not normal, or you should go to medication. Either they tell you your weird, or they act fake. I had alot of friends that unfriended me physically. Which is hurtful and mean. Many student makes fun of me because i like plants, trains, buses, planes, skyscrapers, all these great things human created into a laugh that doesn't make sense. My Mother got me a B52 Venus Flytrap because she knew I was stressed. And then one day....... i got so stressed, it was a bad day for me, two qwerky girls calling me a fat*** , I got so pissed off and wanted to fight but I kept my stress low. When I got home I was so mad!!! I stomp on my B52 VFT and kill it, broke and removed the door and slammed it, dropped the plates on the window. somebody calling ACS or cops on me. Next day I said "what have I done!?!" now i learn my lesson. When bad things happens, good things happens, like the next day, i got my pitcher plant seeds and planted it. I hope one day in the future I would be happy. anyone else like to say anything? :)
By cyph3r_gfy
I'm going to quote Buddha here for you bud.

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

You can take the approach I do... Step back, realize, let it go.
By Leah
I think the things that you like are awesome, and many many people would agree with you. For a lot of people, social stuff in school is the hardest thing they will ever deal with, so the good news is that it gets better, or at least I think so. I think it's great that you're creating something new now (the pitcher plants). Too bad the dandelions didn't get stomped on and the B52 did, but maybe next time go for the dandelions. :)
By Matt
Leah's right. Social interactions in school are some of the most challenging experiences you will ever deal with. Life definitely gets better with age. Hang in there and keep doing things you like (that I think are awesome too). It will get better :)
By tish
Dont mind what people say or how they look at you. Walk away, you may feel bad but think how worthless it's going to be if you keep minding. You'll end up breaking stuff you regret later right? So bring yourself out of the situation without hurting anyone. If you really need to vent it out, go somewhere and vent on stuff like sports, singing, dancing etc .. you know what I mean?

No body is perfect but we can choice how we want to live our life. So in a situation, always choose the right path that leads to happiness.
By tommyr
obregonmichael5 wrote:So this is it fellas. Me being a teen is not awesome. Too many people are so hotsyles these days, talkin bout i scored this chick, i'm so rich, mines bigger than yours (if ya know I mean). I wonder "what has come with this generation of kids?". To tell you that your not normal, or you should go to medication. Either they tell you your weird, or they act fake. I had alot of friends that unfriended me physically. Which is hurtful and mean. Many student makes fun of me because i like plants, trains, buses, planes, skyscrapers, all these great things human created into a laugh that doesn't make sense. My Mother got me a B52 Venus Flytrap because she knew I was stressed. And then one day....... i got so stressed, it was a bad day for me, two qwerky girls calling me a fat*** , I got so pissed off and wanted to fight but I kept my stress low. When I got home I was so mad!!! I stomp on my B52 VFT and kill it, broke and removed the door and slammed it, dropped the plates on the window. somebody calling ACS or cops on me. Next day I said "what have I done!?!" now i learn my lesson. When bad things happens, good things happens, like the next day, i got my pitcher plant seeds and planted it. I hope one day in the future I would be happy. anyone else like to say anything? :)
You should seek PROFESSIONAL help, we are NOT medical professionals. There are people that can help you deal with these feelings. Please seek them out for help. Life is sometimes hard, for ALL of us. Some of us can deal with it, some of us can't. Don't be afraid or scared, there ARE people that can help you.
tommyr liked this
By obregonmichael5
tommyr wrote:
obregonmichael5 wrote:So this is it fellas. Me being a teen is not awesome. Too many people are so hotsyles these days, talkin bout i scored this chick, i'm so rich, mines bigger than yours (if ya know I mean). I wonder "what has come with this generation of kids?". To tell you that your not normal, or you should go to medication. Either they tell you your weird, or they act fake. I had alot of friends that unfriended me physically. Which is hurtful and mean. Many student makes fun of me because i like plants, trains, buses, planes, skyscrapers, all these great things human created into a laugh that doesn't make sense. My Mother got me a B52 Venus Flytrap because she knew I was stressed. And then one day....... i got so stressed, it was a bad day for me, two qwerky girls calling me a fat*** , I got so pissed off and wanted to fight but I kept my stress low. When I got home I was so mad!!! I stomp on my B52 VFT and kill it, broke and removed the door and slammed it, dropped the plates on the window. somebody calling ACS or cops on me. Next day I said "what have I done!?!" now i learn my lesson. When bad things happens, good things happens, like the next day, i got my pitcher plant seeds and planted it. I hope one day in the future I would be happy. anyone else like to say anything? :)
You should seek PROFESSIONAL help, we are NOT medical professionals. There are people that can help you deal with these feelings. Please seek them out for help. Life is sometimes hard, for ALL of us. Some of us can deal with it, some of us can't. Don't be afraid or scared, there ARE people that can help you.
Sometimes i tried that, but don't work for me. However you are just like the kids who told me i need help. Don't be like that! That what your gonna answer.
By bananaman
Aww... that really sucks.
I have major problems with social interactions, but I've been bullied so many times since I was 4 or so that by now I've learned to ignore it. It's one of the hardest things for me to do, but I've done it so many times that I'm used to it.

I feel bad about your B52, and I know what you are talking about. I deal with it almost every day.
I'd try just to remember that most people are just jerks, and learn to expect things like this.
It can be hard to deal with, but it can be done...

Good luck!
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!