FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Leathal_Traps
Well In science at my school we are studying evolution of plants, so I thought, why not do carnivorous plants, they are extremely well adapted, with amazing trapping mechanisms, and perfectly suited to their environment. Since my class has grow lights I was thinking of growing sundews, and the first sundew that I thought of was drosera burmannii. It has an incredibly fast trapping speed, and they grow really quick since they are annuals. So what I need/want for my science lab is about 30 drosera burmannii seeds in order for everyone in my class to be able to observe one, and this way I will get people interested in CP's. If anyone has excess seeds or even seedlings, plants, cuttings whatever PLEASE message me so I can grow these in my class before the school ends. I really want to get and A++ on this project. Sadly I don't have enough money to purchase grown plants for the whole class, but SASE would work. Thanks in Advance.
By beckhamlim24
Just go to Ebay, buy a packet of seeds. Or go to carliforniacarnivore and buy seeds. The amount of seeds from carliforniacarnivore are alot alot. More than enough for your class.
By coline
Yes, beckhamlim is right, it is the best option, specially california carnivores
I can offer to you some videos I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvyI6sR6hBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSUQCeMrO7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWnU8UKsjfE

The third one is the best quality one, but the others also have some good trap movements. you may use them in any presentation you like and to introduce the topic to your class :)
By Leathal_Traps
Yeah, I've seen them on ebay, but the problem is that my parents don't want me purchasing anything else, I'll ask my school if they can buy the seeds, otherwise too bad.
By beckhamlim24
He mean is that he got a lot of plant at home. The seeds is to grow in school. His mother dont want him to bring home the plants after finishing the project.
By BearZerkerr
I'm not worried, Drosera Burmannii seeds aren't rare or hard to come by at all, especially since this community seems to have a special place in their heart for, in my opinion, the best Drosera species that exists. If you would be up to sending me a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope), I would be fine with sending you some, only because it's in the name of science! Being a chemist I have a soft spot for young scientists who are passionate about their study. Try to convert some of your classmates into scientists or CP lovers, we need more of both!

I can only send them if you can send me a SASE, I don't have extra money to pay for postage at this time. PM me if you are up to it.
By cvlover
This thread reminds me an interesting video. Click the following link to see it.
http://www.wimp.com/powerwords/
There's nothing change in the purpose/content but the way we write may make people feel happy or angry.
Anyway, we are friend and if we can give something to each other please do. I believe I still have some Drosera seeds left. PM me and I will send to you for free. Happy all of us.
By Leathal_Traps
I would really like to thank both BearZerkerr, cvlover, coline, and beckhamlim. I would like to thank bearserkerr and cvlover for being generous, and being willing to share. In return I would be more than happy to repay you back the seeds, when the plants flower I would be happily send you seeds for SASE, just like you are doing for me.
Coline and beckhamlin, I would like to thank you for being comprehensive, and understanding, I guess there are still people in the world who can feel what others feel, and I value that. Thanks again.
By Grey
I've been monitoring this topic and have made the decision to lock it. Please continue any proceedings in private message and remember to follow the site rules in your dealings with other users.

If you have any concerns about a particular post please report it and allow the administrators and moderators to investigate; if you would like to send us a private message with more information pertaining to your report please do. Please also include a screenshot (see my signature below for information on how to upload photos) of the post in question; the screenshot disables the ability for the person(s) in question to modify their post and remove concerning data before we get a look at it.

If you find yourself running into concerning PMs (offensive, vulgar, etc.) please take a screenshot and send it in a private message to an administrator or moderator with as much information pertaining to the situation as possible.

Again, if you have any concerns about a user or their post, report it or contact a moderator or administrator via private message. The forums can be used for discussions, debates and general socializing but there are rules in place to keep the environment civil.

Thanks.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!