FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By normando
Iv been donig some research on where to purchase wholesale quantities of CP's, namely VFTs but also sarrecenia and drosera but I am unable to find anyone who could sell me wholesale bare root plants. Found one website that sells wholesale flats of 28 VFTs but they are allready potted with the "death dome" for around 125.00 dollars, WAY TOO MUCH for only 28 plants. Im looking for more like 100-500 bare root plants of eather VFTs,sarrecenia, or drosera or a combination of all 3 kinds but like I said befor Im mostly interesten in flytraps. If any one has any information on where I can obtain a wholesale order of plants or if you have that many that you are willinf to sell please PM me and let me know. I Have emailed the Fly Trap Store a bunch of times about trying to set up a wholesale order but stil have never gottn a respons so I figured either they are too busy right now to deal with orders like this or they dont have enough stock to complete wholesale orders at the moment. Anyway any help or info would be great and I thank you in advance for your time and anu help provided. Norman
By Matt
normando wrote:I Have emailed the Fly Trap Store a bunch of times about trying to set up a wholesale order but stil have never gottn a respons
Hmm, we always respond to wholesale requests, usually with the same template stating that we don't have sufficient quantity to offer any for wholesale, but could offer some plants out of tissue culture at a very low cost per plant, but that any order would require 3 to 4 months lead time and the flytraps would require significant growing effort on the buyer's part to raise them to sale size.

Booman's used to sell wholesale flytraps, but last time I heard, they are up for sale and scaling back, so I'm not sure if they still sell wholesale flytraps.

The only other large-scale wholesaler I'm aware of is Agristarts III in Florida. But they've had a chronic shortage of flytraps for the last few years it seems and established relationships with long-term buyers that get preference. It's for this reason that most people I know who resell flytraps either get them from Agristarts III or purchase them out of tissue culture and grow them to sale size themselves.
By normando
Im all ready a member at Bio research station and that is a good deal as well as half off on all pitcher plants, highly recomended to all. oh and thank you for the response. Thank you too matt!! Ill be trying the tissue culture method in the future for sure. What steps are necisary to get started? Should I email you guys through the store? Do I have to become a member of something first? Let me know and ill get started right away. Thanks again for the responses and the help. Many thanks
By Matt
normando wrote:What steps are necisary to get started? Should I email you guys through the store?
There are no steps to get started. Just shoot me an email at matt@flytrapcare.com and I can give you some idea of quantity of plants and prices.
normando wrote:Do I have to become a member of something first?
Nope :)
normando wrote:Ill be trying the tissue culture method in the future for sure.
If you've never deflasked plants from tissue culture, it does require some additional steps and attention to the plants, but it's not terribly difficult. And we include instructions.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got your SASE for your March request the other d[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!