FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By pretty
Have a few D. burmannii green and red giants for sale or trade. Also will have red giant seeds for sale soon.
These are flowering size (if not flowering now)

Prices do NOT include shipping. I charge shipping per order, not per item.
If you're interested in trade, please PM me with info :]
Green- $4
Red giant- 7$

Green flowering size:

Green sprouts (these are grown in higher light then my larger adults, but are from the same seed pods) You can see how much color they can have in adequate lighting:

Red Giants flowering size (if not flowering now) I have these pretty far away from the light to make room for the flower stalks:
pretty liked this
By Ras
very nice moni
For the record even though the giant reds are green I can vouch they are really Drosera Burmannii "Giant Red Form" from Hann river, Kimberly Australia
theres pics of their parent plants in my growlist if you have any doubts they are truly the giant red form
anyways good luck mon! :)
Ras liked this
By pretty
Hey guys, Still have plants for sale. They are larger then the ones in the photos now.

The price is for 1 plant, shipped bare root. I will combine shipping if you want more then one plant.

I won't have seeds available for a few weeks.

PM if interested!
By Ras
just like most other tropical/ subtropical drosera

sprinkle the seeds onto wet sphagnum peat moss
or on pure live OR dead sphagnum moss, keep the media wet but never water from the top, keep the seeds warm and humid for a higher success rate, but not too hot
i usually have them like 75-85f but you dont have to be specific, room temp is fine too, or even hotter than 85f . just stay away from high 90's and triple digit Fahrenheit just to be safe
one time I had mine too hot and mold took over faster than usual
anyway thats about it
Ras liked this
By dinocat
Gorgeous plants! I'm super new to this kind of growing and was searching around here to find out more regarding live sphagnum moss. Is that what yours are growing in and shipped with? Is the dark green algae on top a normal part of using live moss?
My first fly trap was purchased that way. Wasn't sure if I should try to cultivate the moss it came with or not. How quickly does it grow? I should make this into a new post but your little ones look so healthy and you would probably know. Thanks :)
By pretty
These plants I grow in 100% peat (MOST people use peat/perlite mixtures, but for some reason I do better with just peat)
I ship them bare-root. I don't mind algae in my pots, unless it's seedlings or younger plants. For peat, you can rinse and cook it before use to reduce the chances of it growing.

But as far as live moss...
A lot of sphag cultures grow algae. It's not desired so most people will wash or discard the algae covered living moss. If you have living moss now, yes, start a culture!
pretty liked this

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!