FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By jwbates26
I've thought of that too. It is extremely pot bound right now. Its actually pushing the soil out off the pot. And, again, everything that I've read and nurseries I've talked to say if you want them to flower keep them root bound and if you re-pot them it'll set them back. So I don't know what to do with it. Its pretty either way, with or with out flowers but I'd like to get a flower. I think I may just scrap some of the soil off the top and replace it with new soil, or maybe I could try and take it out of that pot without disturbing the roots and transplant it into a larger pot. Its in an 8" pot now. I'm going to have to have a dolly to move it soon.
By Dionae
Thats what i did. Just slid the whole rootball out and put it into a bigger pot and added soil to the bottom, before putting the plant in, and the sides, after the plant was in. It picked up growth considerably. never read the rootbound for flowers thing but thanks. Definitely wont transplant it again.
Dionae liked this
By jwbates26
Its been a week since I've taken this seeds out of the frig from a 6 to 7 wk strat.

S. areolata X flava
S. excellens "Loch Ness" X Open Pollinated
S. flava OP
S. leucophylla OP
S. "Lynda Butt" X Open Pollinated
S. minor 'Okeefenokeensis Giant' x (oreophila x purpurea ssp. venosa)
S. moorei 'Slacks Clone' X Open Pollinated
S. purpurea venosa var. burkii
S. purpures venosa var. burkii x rubra jonesii
S. Unknown

To my surprise I've already seen some really good signs of germination in S. minor 'Okeefenokeensis Giant' x (oreophila x purpurea ssp. venosa) and signs of a couple others in which the seed coats have cracked open but I can't remember which ones they were and I don't want to go back and look. I think thats the fastest germination I've had with sarra seeds 7 days.
jwbates26 liked this
By katya_dog1
jwbates, do you have pictures of the cross you made between Maroon Monster and B52? Sounds like a good cross.
By jwbates26
katya_dog1 wrote:do you have pictures of the cross you made between Maroon Monster and B52?
All my plants are in a greenhouse at a school I used to work at. When I got a new teaching job and moved, I didn't have room to bring my plants with me. I talked to the Botany teacher and she is sitting my plants until I have room to put them somewhere. I'm talking with her right now about setting up a time to visit. When I do I'll take some pictures. Hopefully nothing has disappeared or died since I left, but there also could be a chance its going dormant or is dormant.
By katya_dog1
Alright, thanks!
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!