FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Sander
Yep, measure with a TDS meter, if u dont have one or dont want to buy one, and u have enough plants,
U could try to give a few plants the rain water for a month or two, and the rest distilled water, if they respond well to it, u can assume the rainwater is ok, but it wont be 100% fail proof.
By obregonmichael5
Sander wrote:Yep, measure with a TDS meter, if u dont have one or dont want to buy one, and u have enough plants,
U could try to give a few plants the rain water for a month or two, and the rest distilled water, if they respond well to it, u can assume the rainwater is ok, but it wont be 100% fail proof.
I'm surrounded by two floor building so sometimes in my street i find a place that is not surrounded by two floor buildings made of brick and trees. Northern BLVD. Or Astoria Blvd. But are you sure the rain water will be clean and won't kill my plants? :?
By obregonmichael5
tish wrote:Rain water is acidic and can collect alot of minerals from air for the first 10 minutes of heavy rain. And longer for light rain. Best to use TDS meter. Direct answer for your doubts
so should i use a brita, or i don't honestly know where to find a tds meter... :D :oops: thanks for the advice though...
obregonmichael5 liked this
By Sander
well Bill, id like to have one some day also, but wouldnt it be much cheaper to buy a TDS meter first and see if u can use the rainwater u can collect?

If its safe, a 100 l storage vessel and some guttering is way cheaper^^
Perlite from Ebay

yeah it does look realllly sketchy on their websit[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!