nepenthes bicalcarata recovering

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here
cpZack

nepenthes bicalcarata recovering

by cpZack » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:22 pm

As many of you remember, i ordered a bical from pet flytrap. It was in horrible condition and I contacted them for a refund/new plant. It has been about 2 months now and they still have not responded. I have been giving it high humidity, lots of light and warmth. Many of the old leaves have been stressed bend recovery bus some are recovering very well and showing good "coloration". It is even making a new leaf with a tendril! What do you think about this WHOLE situation?

Snap Traps

Re: nepenthes bicalcarata recovering

by Snap Traps » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:01 pm

It sure is nice to hear your bical recovering :) .

cpZack wrote: i ordered a bical from pet flytrap. It was in horrible condition and I contacted them for a refund/new plant. It has been about 2 months now and they still have not responded.

That just proves what a rubbish store they are, many customers reported the same situation as well. To me, a good online store is one that replies to your questions/comments under 3 days.

Anyway, congrats on the bical. Is there any chance of a pic or two?
Always looking for 1 more nepenthes.

The following users would like to thank Snap Traps for this post
coline

cpZack

by cpZack » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Most of my nepenthes look pretty bad and yellow at this time of the year :cry: I know they are healthy because they are putting out tons of new leaves and some, not a lot, of pitchers. This is the bical. it looks bad but its recovering
Attachments
photo-12.jpg
photo-12.jpg (483.48 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
photo-11.jpg
photo-11.jpg (483.96 KiB) Viewed 1153 times

The following users would like to thank cpZack for this post
Snap Traps

tzestan

by tzestan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:41 pm

Bical is a strong plant. As long as it resumes growth, there should be good chance in recovery. Not sure whether it is because of the lighting, your plant is a bit on the yellow side. Healthy leaves should be greener if the condition is optimum.

This is a tip cutting I made in Sept last year. I left it with 2 half leaves back then. It took 2 months to root. After that, the new leaves are very healthy in light green. Next leaf should bear a pitcher.
Bical_310313.jpg
Bical cutting
Bical_310313.jpg (173.56 KiB) Viewed 1117 times

DragonflyGuy

by DragonflyGuy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:30 pm

I had a similar experience after ordering an N. ampullaria 'harlequin' from petflytrap. My plant was way too small for the price paid and extremely sickly looking. Thankfully it recovered quickly after I put it in my lowland terrarium, but I would definitely not order from them again.

Return to Tropical Pitcher Plants