FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
It depends on the species. What species are you wanting to ship? In sterile culture, all that is require is a Phytosanitary Certificate to most countries, regardless of the species and its status as protected, endangered, etc.

For some species, such as Dionaea, CITES is required if they are not in sterile culture.
By CARNIVOR
Will the same regulations apply if I am buying some plants from Europe? Or is there a probable chance they wont make it over her if they are shipped without paperwork?
By Matt
CARNIVOR wrote:Will the same regulations apply if I am buying some plants from Europe?
Yes. Same regulations apply world wide, I think.
CARNIVOR wrote:is there a probable chance they wont make it over her if they are shipped without paperwork?
Yes, they will be confiscated and destroyed by customs if they are detected and don't have proper paperwork. And fines can also be assessed based on any infringement of shipping plants without proper paperwork.

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

worm in substrate?

might be fungus gnat larvae

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!