FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By parker679
Nice looking babies Grey.

And I hear your about wasting soil. I'm the same way. A lot of my pots have varying amounts of perlite, pine bark, and LFS in addition to the plain sand/peat mix because I always just take what was left over from my last potting and build from there.
By Grey
Thank you all - my word, Matt, one's incredibly large compared to the others (the one in focus... somewhat... in the first photograph). The colour - the colour - some of these things have displayed over winter has been astonishing! Thanks so much!
By Matt
Yes, I noticed that one in particular that is much larger. That could turn out to be a monster of a plant. Certainly you can tell it has vigor. It may retain its larger-than-average size too even into adulthood. Will be interesting to see! And yes, the color of those babies is wonderful!
By Outcast
What are you all starting these seeds in? All I have is peat. I mixed a little bit of sand in my new pot yesterday to try and start another group of hobby lobby seeds that I got the other day. I hope that they don't all die.
By Grey
Outcast wrote:What are you all starting these seeds in? All I have is peat. I mixed a little bit of sand in my new pot yesterday to try and start another group of hobby lobby seeds that I got the other day. I hope that they don't all die.
I like to use peat/perlite with a tiny bit of dead sphagnum in the bottom for water retention under the soil (though that level of "fancy" isn't required by any means), sometimes I just use whatever peat based soil mix I have left.
Grey liked this
By Starchy
My seeds from Ras have now become seedlings. This is a mix of Drosera Capensis alba/typical forms. They are too small to see any difference yet...

My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!