FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By bisnicks
Hello,

So it's about that time to wake up some of my plants that have been in dormancy since late October. I have numerous flytraps, a sarracenia rubra and purpurea, Cobra Lily, and drosera intermedia all packed away in my cool garage in a plastic cooler and a cardboard box. I'd say temps hover around 35-40 degrees. I live in NE Ohio and I grow my plants under a grow light that is currently on about 13 hours a day.

My question is, how should I go about waking them up? I can't utilize the outdoors yet because winter is still happening here in Ohio. How can I wake them up under my lights without shocking them? Temps under the light vary from 72F to 62F throughout an entire day. I'm growing tropical plants under the lights so I'd rather not disturb them by lessening the amount of light they're getting.
By land_pro
You can just take the CP's out of the garage put them under the lights and place them in a water tray. After about a week you will start seeing some growth. If the pitcher plants are mature you might get a flower stalk coming up first.
Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!