FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Daniel_G
If you're talking about Sarracenia, there isn't really an amazingly strong plant. All will need dormancy, but the fridge method will work for them.
By Coldzercp
Well purpurea's can withstand wetter climates and stuff so that may be hard to kill if you leave it outside with enough water
By beckhamlim24
I am living in Singapore near the equator too. What about you? I grow nepenthes, ping and drosera. Personally, i have not face any diffuculty about growing nepenthes yet. Currently growing drosera capensis :)
By Lock
While Saraccenia are more or less the same as far as hardiness, if someone were to ask me which Sarracenia to get if they were new to growing, I would point them towards a good ol' purpurea. They take overwatering and exceptionally cold weather in stride. That's just my two cents though. -Lock
By beckhamlim24
Omg. I just went to the nursery in singapore and saw a pitcher 17cm.... Almost bought it. It was so cheap. Actually supposed to sell for about Singapore currency $50. But it is only sold for $15. Just like those jungle traps.
By beckhamlim24
You can go to Gardens By the Bays. They have tons of carnivorous plant and it seems like the real habitat. They installed air-conditioner and everything to make everything like spring, summer, autumn and winter. You can also go to Katong Flower shop at Tanah Merah. Or you can go to Singapore forum called GCS. The people there sells plants. You can also go to World Farm, Far East Flora, the nursery that at Bedok,
Drosera germination time

There are many factors that influence them, and th[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!