FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By cyph3r_gfy
If Dune was on whatever movie channel had it... I used to stop what I was doing and watch it... always forgetting how long that movie is....

On that note, I came across this the other day when I was talking about really long movies with a buddy... I guess Dune isn't the longest movie ever. For the record OH MY GOD...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lo ... nning_time
By SlightlyObsessive
bananaman wrote:Guys, we all have to agree that DUNE is the best book ever written, not the Hobbit or Lord of the Rings (but those are pretty good too)

Anyway, I have no clue on that riddle, but people must read every book on this list:

Dune
Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit
It
Relic
Reliquary
Childhood's End
The Disappearing Spoon
Imperial Earth
The Shining
The Still Life with Crows
How to Make a Telescope
The Cabinent of Curiosities
Prelude to Mars
Mindhacker
Where the Red Fern Grows
Call of the Wild
White Fang
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Flowers for Algernon
The Savage Garden :D

What does this say about me, especiallly considering I own every one of those books and over 900 more and have read them all?

I just wish I had more time to read!
I probably would have read 10 more books by now if I haven't wasted 27 hours of my life watching the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings 3 times....
:lol:
I've only been able to read all those books because I read around 60 pages an hour and have had quite a lot of free time...
Anyway, you NEED to read every one of those books, or you will die!
You timed yourself? XD

I'm amazed that I you've managed to put together a list that Ive only read about half of, between me and my husband we own a lot of books! Heres a few to add to the list:

The Farseer Trilogy
The Black Magician Trilogy
Enders Game
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
The Foundation Trilogy

PS. Artemis Fowl is awesome
By Daniel_G
Why couldn't the new version of Les Miserables have been 5 hours long? :lol:

Glad to see someone else like Artemis Fowl.
I think Mulch brings a lot into the series :D
By cyph3r_gfy
Yup... the last time I had one, was during a recurring nightmare and basically took control of it. Never had that dream again since... Now that I think about it, I don't think I have had a lucid dream since.

It's essentially, your conscious mind taking control of your subconscious.

While on the subject of dreaming... When I was on the patch trying to quit smoking, those things gave me the craziest dreams. I would wake up laughing, or thinking to myself "What the... "
By Daniel_G
I'm attempting to use WILD and MILD techniques, and trying to avoid ones needing meditation (For religious reasons)
When I was younger I used to have a few recurring nightmares (When I say a few, I mean a few different nightmares. All recurring) but now, when at the age that it could begin to affect me, I don't.

Anyway, I keep having lucid dreams, but the problem is I keep waking up as soon as I become lucid. So annoying.

Also, I have no idea what I want to dream about...
When I knocked myself out I woke up laughing, and saying "It worked!" Because... It worked. I generally have fairly meaningless dreams, but then I start thinking of them in a meaningful way. I try to identify why I dreamed of what I did...

I'm so weird. I need a psychiatrist.

Oh yeah, does anyone else think that Sarracenia psittacina var. Okefenokeensis f. Luteoviridis sounds really good?
Also, so does Methylenedioxymethamphetamine...
By Grey
I've had lucid dreams, some of which I distinctly remember telling the people in my dream "I'm going to wake up now, see you later" or something... I've also had vast quantities of vivid dreams; my sleep isn't right unless I have very dreamy sleep (though that is ME related; 'light, dreamy sleep'). My dreams usually revolve around the same characters each time or they pertain to future events that occur under different circumstances... bit hard to explain but I'm like that.

I'm weird too, it works for me 8-)

Even though I can remember most of my dreams... there are just some that haunt you (whether in a positive or negative way).
By Daniel_G
Alot of my dreams are extremely vivid. I remember waking up from a particular dream and thinking how vivid the character I was talking to looked.

I've had several extremely disturbing dream. Mostly I try to shrug them off, but, as you said, they haunt you.
Anyway, off to bed. Time to dream.
By bananaman
My dreams are extremely vivid.
I've felt lots of pain in my dreams (as in being stabbed) , so it is a myth that you cannot feel pain within dreams.
Also, I have many dreams within dreams. Like I wake up and go to school within my dream, then I wake up in real life.

Anyway, the Dune book is so much better than the miniseries, which is also so much better than the movie.

Artemis Fowl is decent.
I prefer the Maze Runner series though.

Speaking of movies/TV shows, I love Star Trek! So, watch it.
By Daniel_G
Oh yes, I feel pain in dreams.

In one dream I had around 2 weeks ago, I was being given a lift home, and dropped off in a shopping center, which really looked more like Dubai than Sheffield.

Anyway, I saw a man who had a rolled up napkin in one had, and a package in the other. I guessed knife. I was right.

He approached me, asked me a question, and then stabbed me. It was the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. Strangely though, I didn't scream, in the dream or in real life.

Never read any Maze Runner books.
I like Star Trek too. :)
By Darkrai283
The dream I had last night was probably the scariest I've ever had TBH.

I was skiing in-between trees down a steep slope at night with a head-torch on my helmet when slender-man appeared in front of me behind a tree. I was able to escape the first time but he would keep popping up in random places around me frequently and scaring the **** out of me... that's when I woke up. :shock:

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!