FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By CarnivorousStu
Hi,

My D. filiformis has been outside over winter and as the old leaves have been dying back I have removed them to prevent mould. Today I noticed some mould on the outside of the hibernaculum so gently pulled the dead part off but the hibernaculum dislodged too. There are no roots attached to it, but the hibernaculum is a healthy green colour. I've taken it inside as its experienced about 4 months dormancy already. I have placed the hibernaculum back into the soil but will it be ok? I'm not sure if it should have roots attached to it whilst in its dormant stage or whether the hibernaculum can develop its own root system?
By Arizona Flytrap
Hello, I would not be to concerned about it. You did the right thing by keeping it in the soil. Just be sure it stays moist. One thing I have found with sundews is they pretty tough. You may want to consider the light it's getting because it will need energy to repair itself. Have it under strong florescent or filtered light till you see new growth then bump it up to full sun. Hope it works out.

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

Not what you would expect...

Why, the portion cup in front of the binata in the[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!