FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Adam
It's been flowering for over a month now. Does this thing ever stop flowering???
By mkburleson
It's been flowering for over a month now. Does this thing ever stop flowering???

IMO Flowerstalks take energy away from the plant & unless I am going to be collecting seed from it I always cut the flowerstalk off. That being said; I have two 'Red Piranhas' that are just about ready to collect seed from (they are crossed with 'B52') & the plants are doing poorly enough that I want to cut the flowerstalks off now & forget about the seed. Craig (hubby) keeps telling me not to, that they will be fine. If he is wrong he is never going to hear the end of it. :twisted:

Mary
By Siannuro

IMO Flowerstalks take energy away from the plant & unless I am going to be collecting seed from it I always cut the flowerstalk off. That being said; I have two 'Red Piranhas' that are just about ready to collect seed from (they are crossed with 'B52') & the plants are doing poorly enough that I want to cut the flowerstalks off now & forget about the seed. Craig (hubby) keeps telling me not to, that they will be fine. If he is wrong he is never going to hear the end of it. :twisted:

Mary

I don't want to sound mean but ummmm this is a sundew topic, not a venus flytrap. ^.^'
By mkburleson

Mary

I don't want to sound mean but ummmm this is a sundew topic, not a venus flytrap. ^.^'

Unless we are collecting seed we cut the flowerstalks off of all of our CPs, this includes all of our Drosera.

Mary :)
By Adam
I've cut the subsequent flower stalks off (there was only one). But this first one is still flowering. I'm going to dig out an old thread about when it opened up it's first flowers to see how long this thing's been going on for :D

I see green in my pot! At first I thought it was w[…]

Nepenthes

I would cut the flower off once it reaches 3cm tal[…]

Got it ! What you think ?

If you bought it pre-mixed from a local store I […]

The two winners are #6, Hurtrus, and #1 Cross. […]

Fat Tuesday

[emoji624][emoji1782][emoji83][emoji82][emoji1854][…]

pinguicula pot size

thankyou guys :D

wanted to grow one

ty somuch and oops i mean "carnivorous and […]

I usually use a 3x3 or 4x4 pot with peat sand mix […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!