FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Nick_
Alright well, I'm going on vacation in June to Mexico for 7 days all my CPs will be outside (Dinoaea, Sarracenia, Heliamphora and Darlingtonia) will be left outside in 75-95°F humid weather, if I have no one to take care of them how will I be able to assure myself that they will be able to survive the seven days without me?
By pieguy452
You could set your plants in a tray and fill up the entire thing with water. If you want to reduce evaporation to conserve water, you could use plastic wrap on the top of the tray. That's just goes for the issue of watering (which is usually the only problem). As far as anything else goes, you may need someone to watch them. A week isn't very long, though. Provided they have a source of water they should be fine while you are away :)
By Coldzercp
Depending on how many plants you have you can get a water barrel attach a hose system and set it to drip water onto you plants I use this method and it lasted little less then 3 weeks :D you can do this with a large bucket with a lid if you have you plant spread out or not as many Hope this helps

Ray

------------------------------------
O forgot to say this was in the week of Canada's heat wave just to say if you are wondering :mrgreen:

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!