Post any care guides or tutorials here.

Moderator: Matt

By GermanchoGG
IMG-20130113-00040.jpg
IMG-20130113-00040.jpg (441.72 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
IMG-20130113-00039.jpg
IMG-20130113-00039.jpg (390.81 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
Hey people!
Nice to become part of this awesome board, so I thought I might introduce myself by showing you my rig and plants, I am currently located in Bogota, Colombia
Have been into CP's a couple of months now and I'm really enjoying it.
So i have in my hands a Mature couple of vft's which I purchased first, they are about 4 yrs old and since i got them they are turning really green and happy-looking
The I had a drosera capensis al red and a VFT also red brought from a friend from out of town, these two are my red beauties.
And the final member of the family is a drosera intermedia, couple years old, looks kind of healthy but is not producing as much glue as the capensis.

And setup-wise, I had an old fish tank deep cleaned and disinfected, then arranged the plants in the way posted on the pics, the ventilation goes through a computer fan powered by usb, it is tucked inside the tank for air movilization!!

So here are the pics, hope you guys enjoy and would really dig some feedback and tips on how turning my plants even happier, they look fine and setting to their new home, but i guess there is still some time left for them to really adjust to my place, I also take them out to a very bright windowsill every morning, it faces the morning sun and in the afternoon i move them to another window that catches all the afternoon sun. Here we have a somewhat cold climate but since this is the equator, we dont have any seasons here, the in the afternoon when the sunlight starts to dim I tuck them into the tank with the lights and fan on... a detail is that i only take out the pots outside, not the water dish, it remains inside the tank the whole day... my only concer could be the temperature inside the tank, while i get a proper thermometer, i am using one for people which starts at 35C, and surely the temp has never gone close to the marker... Also for light Im using 3 15W spirals, Im almost sure they are cool light, they give out a nice blueish light to the plants, they all have been growing nice traps and leaves, so I guess they are happy now, but still wondering about the ling run, could even be better to keep them all the time inside the tank?

Ah I almost forget, I have 2 pots filled with a bunch of spatulata seeds planted a couple days ago, you can see them covered with plastic vases!

So there you go, here are the pics, any more info you would want feel free to ask, cheers people!!!
Attachments:
IMG-20130114-00042.jpg
IMG-20130114-00042.jpg (472.98 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
IMG-20130114-00041.jpg
IMG-20130114-00041.jpg (506.46 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
By Dionae
Hello GGG. Welcome to the forum. The capensis is a tropical dew and, depending on where its from, your intermedia could be tropical(doesnt need a dormancy) or temperate(Needs a dormancy). The venus flytraps definitely need a dormancy. Have you had them for 4 years with no dormancy the whole time?
By David F
Looks good, remember the more light the merrier.
By Matt
Hello and welcome to FlytrapCare GGG!
GermanchoGG wrote:No the VFTs have been with me for about a month or so (the typical ones) but I guess they had propper dormancy on the nursery where I got'em
They don't appear to either be dormant nor have been dormant, based on the size of the leaves and the growth habit.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!